512Tea Are----------- | FerrariChat

512Tea Are-----------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hopefully this will be the last post about Graham and we can all move on.

He has registered 2 bogus usenames in 2 days , despite being asked not to when he was banned for 120 days. I was hoping he'd take the ban on the chin and come back after . The fact that he hasn't has shown he has no respect for Fchat , his friends on here who have asked for the ban to be lifted or me.

I'm left with no choice but to make the ban perm. This has been discussed with Rob Lay who agrees.

2. Albert V8

Albert V8 Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Come on buddy.

Lets play nice.

Would really like to meet on a F-chat run soon.

Albert

3. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Tony,

Having spoken with 512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse about his recent ban, I believe he feels that the 120 days is somewhat unfair ... in fact I think a lot of us think its outrageous (besides those who don't want him back).
    Im not posting this to cause an argument, and I'm sure you wouldn't go back on your word. However...Graham wants back on. I am sure he would have sat back and watched had it been for 7 days like myself and SteveP. But ... 120 days is a long long time............

Is there nothing we can appeal for? Nothing we can promise? It's not like he was threatening to anyone at all. Didn't do insane things!

Lee

4. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

With you 100% Tony.

5. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Seems reasonable to me. He was making a mug of everybody, especially Tony

6. OmegaSteve

OmegaSteve Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Tony,

I don't really care whether he's banned or not. Fchat is bigger than one old goat.

You made your decision, we should all respect that. Stick to it and let's not have yet another debate. May I respectfully request you close the thread and move on. It's old hat now.

7. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Agreed - he was on a ban, created a bogus ID, was asked not to do it, and promptly created another.

Doesn't say much for how he would behave if he came back from a ban.

8. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Well said Steve.

As with the previous poll, the majority of f-chaters will agree with Tony's decision and your comments.

9. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I haven't really been following this series of events if I'm honest. I've just been reading the threads that interest me.

I'm just confused why FerrariChat has had incidents of this level of childishness yet Pistonheads hasn't... when ultimately there are the same sort of people on both sites.

I must commend Tonyh for sticking as a mod... in his situation I'd have given up months ago. Seems a lot of hassle for not much thanks, so may i pass on my thanks here to you for the work you do!

Must admit, FerrariChat just doesn't seem as welcoming or fun as it was before. We all have work in some shape or form that stresses us out, we come here to relax and learn about the things we love. We don't come here to read tiresome threads that appear to have been written by a 3 year old.

I hope this doesn't appear like I'm over-stepping my mark as I'm not as regular on these boards as most and I don't own a Ferrari. I use these boards for research and have met some great people through FChat. I hope this continues for many years to come :)

Keep up the good work Tony and I hope these problems can be solved in the way that gentlemen should.

:)

10. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    The thread wasn't seeking support as the Graham's actions left me no choice. Thanks tho' to those who have been behind me.
    Lee, it seems bogus IDs are ok on Fchat but not your site?
    http://supercarchat.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70