512TR Market | Page 4 | FerrariChat

512TR Market

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Drew_4RE, Jan 14, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thank you to everyone who gave their input!

2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I can only speak of the F512M. They have dropped significantly too. Just picked one up for alot less than the ones available today.

3. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong and I'm not a big man. Lol

4. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    When your car buying that's what you want it to be right? I got a smoking deal. I bet when people were paying 250-300k they didn't feel like that. Nor did they have much room to negotiate with the seller. You did good then.

5. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    good time to buy ,im waiting for diablos to come down a bit havnt seen that yet

6. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Just be patient my friend, you'll know when the time is right and more importantly when the right car crosses you path. The car hunt is part of the fun.

7. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    yes i agree had a vt and sv in the past im willing topay more than what they used to sell for in 2013/14 but not over double .congrats on your 512 tr

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Diablos are still strong. I been trying to buy another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Where are you at in the Bay Area?

10. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    You need to give us a tour of your museum.

11. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Exactly - It seems only in Ferrari, Lambo, and Rolls land do that owners fixate and obsess over values and dream on making money on owning their car(s) (fortunately- in many cases they do). The funny thing is - Have you heard of later model Maserati, Corvette, Aston, Maybach owners wondering if they'll make money on their cars?!? hope not - typically they don't, as posted above they loose $50-250k on the buy, but hopefully enjoyed the car like sneakers/jeans. Cars are by nature and for the most part a liability that are to be driven and enjoyed. My cars are on the road every chance I can get. Actually, I love it when someone stops me in the parking lot and asks me why do I shop and bring such cars to Wal Mart.

Shamile and Zeff like this.
  12. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes I agree with everything you said. It's funny on new cars no one seems to care about depreciation when they are buying the car. On older cars everyone seems to get fixated on getting the right price. If I total my 512tr tomorrow and want to replace it without waiting I would need to spend between 220-230k to replace it. Believe me I would and I would not wait for a good deal. That takes too much time. I want the car more than the money. Conversely, you could offer me 300k for my car and I wouldn't take it. Same reason, I want the car more than the money. It's not a corvette which can easily be replaced in a second. The replacement 512tr I'm thinking of is the red 1992 at driven emotion in Florida. The car has 8k miles and appears like new. I know that car has been on the market for a while but it will eventually sell. I considered buying it when I was shopping around. When I finally saw the silver car in person, I knew at that moment this was my car. I have to say Clay is a very meticulous owner.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  13. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Life is to short to worry about resale value on a car you really enjoy!

14. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    its a stunning example let us know the driving exprience

15. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Here's an update. I received the car late last night so I didn't get the chance to drive it. So today, I spent the afternoon driving on some windy roads out in the country. I'll be keeping it off of the freeway until I get the expel protective film installed on most of the car. This was the first real drive I had as I only drove it about 30mph on a frontage road when Cats had the car. I must say it was nothing like I expected. This car is extremely solid. It's the exact opposite of all of the stories I read and heard about the car such as heavy steering, difficulty in shifting, and too underpowered. First, The car exudes a certain level of majic. It is felt when looking at or driving the car. I'm not saying it's just limited to this car but others like it. You will understand what I mean in this statement when past owners of these cars long to own one again. Having that kind of experience with any car is rare! Now to the actual driving, the car makes me feel more connected to the road and the driving experience overall. I enjoy the lack of power steering. During the time period these cars were built I see the purpose and thought that went into not having the power steering. Everything that went into these cars is about the focus on the experience and the actual feedback that the car gives. We very much lack this in the new cars today and it's only getting worse. Everything is about comfort and almost trying to remove the driver from the pain and hassle of driving the car. The problem is a true car enthusiast doesn't long for a feeling of disconnect from his machine. Especially not a machine that feels so precise as this one. This was certainly planned on Ferraris part and I applaud them for this. The only thing I thought of today was why didn't I buy one sooner. I also wished that I had a tremendous amount of money so I could hoard a bunch of these cars right now. I also believe strongly that the heavy maintenance and lack of reliability is way over blown.

VColin, E_Man, Shamile and 5 others like this.
  16. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    A very good quote I live by:

"Life is no dress rehearsal and the sooner people realize it the better. Most of these so-called buyers are tire kickers anyway. They want a “perfect” car but even if they find one they don’t want to pay for it. I can’t tell you how many guys I’ve wasted my time with when selling my cars over the years. Typically they have to “check with their accountant” or “run it past the wife”. You know they get out the excuse Rolodex and it’s pretty funny really. Real buyers get it and they buy. Period. Waiting for cars to come down may take longer than you may live." Life is short. Hell, I don't even buy green bananas, Lol

17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    This is so true. I know guys who have been buying a ferrari for 10 yrs. guess what - if u didnt buy one in 2009 and 2010 you aint buying one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOSS likes this.
  18. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Very true

19. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    LOL! :D

This made my morning. Thank you.

20. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Congrats on your acquisition. Well done!
    Enjoy the drive...guaranteed to have you smiling every time you're out for a ride!!

21. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Well, maybe atleast through 2013. ;-)

It is amazing to me how many folks come to this site and are more concerned with how much do you think "X" Ferrari will be worth in whenever year than how is the drive. I will repeat myself again, almost never is a car a good investment.

cgt000 likes this.
  22. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes it's been fabulous. I have been in a lot of cars and by far this has been the most fun. The car is a perfect fit for me. Also I can't say enough good things about the previous owner, Clay. I have never seen anyone take such good care of a vehicle before. Everyone is amazed of the condition of the car and that says a lot about Clay. Also, he has provided a lot of insight in how he maintained the car. He's a true gentleman. Thanks for your best wishes

23. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Ryan, enjoy it and pile on the smiles = miles!

24. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thank you very much, I indeed will!

25. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Ahh....you bought the silver 512tr from cats. Congrats and a big

"Freeze....Miami Vice!"

out to you.

Totally agree on being less connected and more insulated in the newer exotics. The newer and newer cars I buy, the softer and softer they get....such a disappointment.

I just hit 67,000 miles on my daily driven, platinum award winner 91 Testarossa. Everything you experienced won't fade....the car won't let you. No computers to dull the senses....or save your butt lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Testerosse, Hawkeye, C1C7M and 3 others like this.