512TR, or TR and a second Fcar | FerrariChat

512TR, or TR and a second Fcar

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MS250, Jul 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

512 TR or TR and 4 seater

1. TR and 4 seater for the family

2. TR and a second Fcar

3. Trade TR for the 512TR only

4. Stop everything and enjoy the TR only

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I have been grapplying with the idea for a year now. I have an nice example of an 86TR red/blk that drives like no other. In Ontario I have noticed a many 512TRs around and are stunning, but the price difference is making me wonder. I have thought and strongly considered with the difference to add another horse to the stable, this time a 4seater to have two in the garage. That was the original plan for the last 12 months. But......I saw the 512 live last week and im thinking maybe the heck with the 4 seater and the family drive, I want the 512. I would like to hear what others would do if given the options. 512TR? or a TR and 4 seater ? Would appreciate the feedback, including service cost ideas and the like.
    Thanks.

2. TBO

TBO Karting

Sep 13, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Yes, i agree with Frogman, get the 512; it's an amazing car!!! If your going to spend money on a car it might as well be a hell of a nice one.

3. Myhorse

Myhorse Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    similar thread on the main board.
    I say get a TR and spend the difference on lap dances.

Seriously though, I was in the market for a 512tr - had one lined up, but opted instead for my TR

WHY???????
    1. I drive like a wussy girl so the advantage a 512tr has wouldn't make a difference.
    2.TRs are still load of fun
    3. I bought a tahoe to pull it around. ( important when you don't have a dealer in your city)
    4. I like lap dances

myhorse

4. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    Dude, get the 512TR... put Tubi's on it and the performance chip.... you will not be disappointed, I promise. I assume you've noticed the drastic difference in the interior between the Testa and the 512TR.. that is just the tip of the iceburg, what till you take the 512 to the track.

5. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.

I'm in total agreement. I think the 512TR is one of the most beautiful Ferraris every designed. I'd love to have one myself!

6. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    I second that, it is exactly what I did to my 512TR, car performs and sounds alot better. Still looks like a modern day Ferrari given it's 10-12 years old. A very satisfying car both perormance and looks. I traded in my 94 348 spider 3 years ago and have never regretted it, even though back then friends asked if I was playing with a full deck of cards regarding my decision. They have since changed their thoughts on my decision after being taken for a test drive.

Go for the 512TR and good luck in your search.

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Rick if you are looking for a 512TR I know of a beautiful car with your name on it!! One owner just fully serviced by the dealer..Like brand spanking new. It's premium car..price is a refelction of that..PM me if you want to view the car and go for a run.

Tom

8. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Hi Tom, thanks for the heads up. That was a question of ponder awhile back. After some consideration, and of course, talking to Vasco,Ive decided to go for the 2nd fcar. Maybe a Mondial(rag) or a decent 456, something very family for the kids and the wife to drive on Sundays. I have seen a few nice 512 a few months back. They are beautiful, but a 2nd fcar would look better in the garage.
    Thanks.
    RD.

P.S. whats going on for sunday ? PM me.