512TR VS Countach on TV - Go On Ray Kick Butt | Page 2 | FerrariChat

512TR VS Countach on TV - Go On Ray Kick Butt

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kenyon, Apr 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 325Paul

325Paul Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    Kent (Rochester) - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Thompson
    Hmm, I watched this yesterday and had to switch off three quarters of the way through the countach bit. Couldn't take any more of the rubbish being spouted by the judges and the countach owner looked too smarmy. I did see the bit where he started to spin though. The 512 just looked so much better than the lambo. The 512 looked like it had just rolled off the factory floor. The car is a credit to you. Beautiful, just beautiful. I think they would be better off judging the local WI flower arranging contest!!

2. ANDYH

ANDYH Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    ANDY H
    Ray - I havent watched it yet, but cant believe that anyone wd vote for the countach over the 512TR. If thats what the men and motors panel thought, then I'd agree with Badapple that they should stick to T & A !!

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Just saw the re-run..... Ray , you woz robbed ! Your car's a stunner.

4. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004

5. ANDYH

ANDYH Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    ANDY H
    Just saw the program - what a sad bunch of muppets. I agree completely that the countach looked so outdated against the TR and the panel didnt even consider that the countach is an absolute dog to drive, has zero rear vision, is impossible to park unless you've got a couple of people helping you and you're leaning outside of the car, and gets hotter than sauna after 20 minutes driving. Also, what was that guy talking about when he said he'd be off to the TVR dealer instead if he had the money. Penny Mallory should have given him a shoeing for coming out with garbage like that....and another thing, is it me, or does everyone else get tired when the same crap gets spouted like "oh you couldnt drive it down a country lane"....and "you cant go anywhere in it for fear of it getting scratched"....what a complete load of sh**e. I think Ray should have chinned the lot of them with the trophy, keyed the lambo, and said "right Penny,get in...which hotel was it that you booked us into..."

6. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004

Wot is all the trouble about? Hav I mised sumthing? Was there a programm about 512Tea Are's competing against the Countach? - Who was driving the 512 - was it the lady? I'm new to Ferrari Chat and would love to own a 512 TR. So wot are they realy like - can anyone tell me? It seems that the programme thought the Lambourgini was best. How good is the Countach, is it really better than the 512TR?

7. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Had to read this thread to see the result. Watched the first 5 mins but no more. I still can't believe how crap this was- 3 blokes off the street pontificating about cars does not make great TV, especially when none of them has any personality.

Ray, you came over well, the only person to have any charisma. Your car is stunning.

Kevin

8. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    I watched the programme last night,what a load of crap,Ray must take a lot of credit for not smacking them(any)in the face.We are all of course naturally biased but that was just rubbish,no room for golf clubs!! whats that all about?Has to have the cam belts changed,Ye so what,the whole issue seems to have been, I think that one looks better than that one so it"s the best,and that idiot(maybe not that inteligent)going on about TVR,Just goes to show how stupid it all was when the "show" was not about them,this has to rank as the most amateur car programme I have ever seen.
    And Ray your car is beautiful.
    All the best
    Dave Mc