550 and 575 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

550 and 575

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by RawAutos, Feb 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    We have about 100 Ferraris in town... you just need to know where to look. ;)
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137150434&postcount=16

2. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    These ain't Porsches. Buy a 575.

3. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    #28 GDRIII, Feb 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have only owned the 575M F-1 w/FHP and really love it. I've talked to some 550 owners and they told me the 550's tend to run hot. I believe Ferrari enlarged the front hood scoop as well as the front grill to improve this as well as serving the additional Hp. Mine has never ran hot even in traffic @ 95 degrees.The photo's below (from a related thread) shows this well. The interiors of both are different (a side from the F-1 trim) with the 575 having more electronic feedback thus less gauges for a cleaner dash. I think I like scale of the center console in the 550 better. I can't imagine any one calling the ride " still soft " with the FHP. all the performace figures listed in the owners manuals have the 575 edging the 550. The headlight assemblies are quite different. I think the 575' are cleaner looking being more color keyed to the car. I know others like the 550's ( a matter of taste). Just my thoughts.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Guess all the people in my hood are to strapped w/ their payments on $1MM homes to afford the F-cars! I went the other way, build a nice home (<$500k), put a SUPER COOL, HUGE, air conditioned garage on it and FILL IT UP BABY! Looks kind of funny in this 'hood now, but I was the first to build in the new section. LOL! I will keep my eyes peeled and try and hang out in the Westlake area more where all you rich F-car guys live! LOL! Love it, and can't wait to see an F-car every time I go out into the garage! Wish it could be a 456, but a 400 will have to do for the time being.

Mike keep me posted on Austin gatherings of F-car fans...love to meet some more of the gang and check out some beautiful Italian iron!

James

5. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Way to go James! Preach, brother, preach! :D

Onno

6. bbshriver

bbshriver Karting

Feb 11, 2008
    I wasn't saying I want to turn the 550 into a 575... Personally I'm a fan of clutches and gated shifters (or at least shifters, not paddles), plus the grille/front on the 550 looks better to me. I do like the 575 headlights though, and was wondering about things like the larger scoop hood, 19" wheels (I believe already discussed). I've also heard the 575 is much quieter than the 550, not that it's really relevant since we're putting a whole new exhaust on the 550 anyway.