550 convertible | Page 2 | FerrariChat

550 convertible

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by minatakin, Feb 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    I've always had a problem with the look of the Barchetta. This car I do like better. The lines just look alot cleaner..

Anymore pics?

2. ferrarisallatime

Apr 16, 2008

3. ferrarisallatime

Apr 16, 2008
    What you said about Wide World Ferrari's client sending it to Straman is true. I should know because I was his
    salesperson and arranged to get the "donor" car for him and sent it to Straman etc. What is untrue about comments
    is that the owner was "shocked" when he learned that Ferrari was making one (the 550 Barchetta). He was fully
    aware that the Barchetta was coming and had ordered his a little bit after his 550 conversion was completed and
    delivered.

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Straman built two. The conversion price was $75k. One in poor condition sold a couple of years ago at auction for $110k as I remember.

5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
  6. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    The one at auction was the subject car from this original thread. It was actually very nice. Not poor condition at all. Asking price had been ~$165K with no takers before going to auction. The auction result was actually a surprise and a disappointment. Much less than expected. No doubt it would bring more now. In fact, I would be an eager buyer at the price it went for today...and I already have a very nice 550. Topless is the way to go...

wireless likes this.
  7. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
  8. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Someone from the Ferrari Market Letter reported on the auction and gave that car a very poor rating. He said it looked like it had about ten times the claimed mileage.

9. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Could be...as none of us have seen it in person. Still a heck of a nice V12 6 speed ragtop for $110K...