550 Courtesy Light Operation | FerrariChat

550 Courtesy Light Operation

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by madmap, Sep 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. madmap

madmap Karting

Oct 14, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi all, been some time since I asked the experts on any issues with my 550 but I have had this problem with the courtesy lights for years. They do not operate as they should and just wondering what could be causing the issue. Is there a micro switch that controls this when the door is open? I figured one of these days I should find out and get it fixed and as the weather will start to cool down here in AZ soon, would love to tackle this one. Thanks.

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Do you mean the interior light or the lights on the doors? Or both? Are you getting any door open indications on your instrument panel?

Erik summarised the 550/456M interior light operation here:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/147006260/

Note, however, I have had problems matching his description to the wiring diagrams available for the 456M and 550.

Are your interior lights responding to your key fob?

3. madmap

madmap Karting

Oct 14, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Mark
    thanks for the info. It’s the interior light that doesn’t work but I plan on double checking as the car is offsite at my storage facility. I think the door lights work but the courtesy lamp has never come on when opening the door during my ownership.

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Unfortunately, I don't have any diagrams for the 550 interior lights. Does the owner's manual describe the operation in detail? Unlike a traditional interior light switch, it only has two positions. Just wondering how the automatics work with the switch in the off and on positions.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. madmap

madmap Karting

Oct 14, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks. Yeah, that’s about as far as I got! The owners manual describes the function so just trying to figure out the right path to get it working again.