550 gate shift gasket 3D Printed | FerrariChat

550 gate shift gasket 3D Printed

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 00 550, Sep 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 00 550

00 550 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2009
    FL
    Full Name:
    That guy
    #1 00 550, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2021
    I recently purchased a replacement gasket (part # 168955) for the second time during my 550 ownership because the gasket just seems to crumble over time. Literally it just falls apart and the pieces accumulate on top of the ball socket going into the gear box which can’t be good. So I thought that this might be an easy thing to recreate with 3-D printing. My friend was able to make it easily and I believe this material (PETG) to be better suited to the job and hopefully not crumble apart. He actually made a slight adjustment that will make it more sturdy in that the original top right corner screw hole does not have a boss around it like the others and easily breaks with screw tightening. Anyway, I’m going to install the 3-D printed version and see how it works.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bas, brogenville, Il Tifoso and 3 others like this.
  2. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Great work, let us know how it turns out!

Onno

Bas likes this.
  3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    DIY projects are fine, but if it transitions to sales of the project, then you should subscribe and advertise it in the ad section. Do not conduct business in the discussion forums unless you are a sponsor.