550 Maranello Experts/Historians | FerrariChat

550 Maranello Experts/Historians

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by RCBMW, Feb 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RCBMW

RCBMW Rookie

Jul 18, 2006
    Hello,

I am wondering who are the individuals in the Ferrari community that are the foremost technical experts? I am also interested in knowing who are the most trusted 550 Maranello production statistics experts.

Thank you.

2. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    You might wish to follow TazandJan, Ferraridriver, Rifledriver, F456M, cribbj as a first blush. I'm sure I am forgetting a number of wizards. All very experienced with the 550/575 cars. VERY. Pillage this website for known issues and fixes with these cars. All is known. Dang near all of it is in a thread here. A further caution, don't get depresses and think that the cars are troublesome just because you read about all the known stuff. These cars are freaking magic to drive.

I am the historian/registry keeper for the 456M cars. Not sure who does the same for the 550s. That information is actually much harder to round up than you can imagine. The factory keeps it close hold and we in the owner community have to cooperate to try and coalesce the data.

3. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    I'll add Qavion for Electrical Systems. Download his wiring diagrams which are significantly improved over the Factory diagrams.

Laserguru and niftyfivefifty like this.
  4. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Indeed. The resources here in the community are wonderful. Qavion stands on the electrical side no doubt!!

5. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France