550 shock/coil overs | FerrariChat

550 shock/coil overs

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Liva, Jan 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Liva

Liva Rookie

Jun 4, 2007
    Hello all, i have a 2000 550 with 50k miles and i think im going to need to replace my shocks soon as some noise is coming out of them. I was wondering what alternatives i have other than just the stock equipment. Does Bilstein make a coil over package or any other company. I like the stock ride and do not track the car so i dont need any crazy MOTONS set or the like. I was wondering if there is a set that gives a similar ride to stock but is a better set up. I ahve done some searching around here and have seen some stuff on motons and the FHP upgrade, but i dont want to go either route as they are too harsh for my liking. Any suggestions would be great

2. ScuderiaLV

ScuderiaLV Karting

Dec 6, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Don C.
    You might want to contact Bilstein or an FChat sponsor Delta Vee. They might be able to rebuild the shocks for well less than buying replacements. I am not sure about other brands as the shocks are connected to electronic actuators that adjust the ride comfort (sport and normal modes).

3. Liva

Liva Rookie

Jun 4, 2007
    im surprised that no one has changed their shocks in their cars around here...someone has to have some insight or know someone that went a different route other than FHP and MOTONS...does koni or k&n make coilovers that are any good in the 550???