550 VS Gallardo | Page 3 | FerrariChat

550 VS Gallardo

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by stephens, Apr 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Sorry, you are correct it is AMS. I actually dug the mag up the other day to check something in the article, so it's sitting next to my bed right now! There was a lot of conjecture as to whether the SL was modified by the factory.

2. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Yep, it most probably was, pumping at least the then unclaimed 500 PS....by the way and they didn't mention it clearly in the issue, but the benz blew its blower.....
    Anyhow, any idea why the 550 reaches "only" 306 kmh, while everybody quotes the 575 for > 320 kmh ?, i hardly understand how 30 hp can make such a big difference at those speeds

3. Streetking

Streetking Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2005
    Austin, TX.
    Full Name:
    SW
    WTF? Having exhaust& air filters are a far cry away from having NOS. First, I do believe what Stephens is saying. Second, there is a friend of mine here in town that has a '99 550 bone stock, my 550 had x-pipe, exhaust and his car would pull away from mine easily, which goes to the fact, there are some 550's that are alot stronger than others.

SW

4. Welshman

Welshman Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Worcestershire

5. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    i guess what poor Stepens is trying to say is that HIS 550 was quicker in a STRAIGHT LINE than a Gallardo on that particuliar day, i have no reason doubting that since hes given ous dyno figures to prove the increase of WHP.

6. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    See it's not that difficult to understand after all! :)