550M Speaker Sizes | FerrariChat

550M Speaker Sizes

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tres55, Jun 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I'm looking into replacing the factory speakers with more modern and higher quality / output units.

Does anyone know the sizes of all the speakers? So far I've been able to find the two tweeters up top on the dash, two in the door panels, and two in the rear shelf areas.

I'd like to order the replacements and drop it off at the shop for installation.

I plan on retaining the factory head unit so it looks OEM still, and running a hidden amplifier with a 3.5mm to Bluetooth adapter tucked away. This way when I get in and turn the car on, it will just connect to my phone and I can play whatever I want off of whatever streaming service.

F456M likes this.
  2. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I used 4” for the front and 5”x7” for the back. I have the Bluetooth adapter from Becker Auto Sound that plugs into the CD input. It works well, just as you described, but I get some electrical background noise when using it.

3. motts

motts Karting

Sep 1, 2015
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Replaced the rear speakers with a pair of Critical Mass RS57 easy fit very light with neo magnets and SS5 fronts. They sound great.

4. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Those speakers look heavy duty. Fit with no modifications?

So the sizes are:

Fronts (in door panels): 6.5" (according to Pioneer's fitment guide)
    Rear shelf: 5" x 7"
    and I believe there's tweeters in the dash

5. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    550 doesn’t have speakers in the door panels, only in the kick plates in front of the doors. The speakers in the kick plates are 4”.

6. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Thanks for pointing that out. Mine is still not back from service...was hoping to order everything up before it's back so I can send it to get it all installed before an upcoming road trip.

7. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I replaced my front speakers with Pioneer speakers. I must say I was very disappointed. The sound quality is 1 on a scale from 1-10..... The stereo experts say it is not the speaker’s fault, but the way it is mounted as there is no pressure chamber behind the speaker. Same for the rears. I also want to build a really good sound system now. But don’t know where to start. You can’t get proper sound without proper soeakers, but they must also be installed properly, which is not very easy! Please let us know what you end up with, and how the sound is.