5550 Aftermarket suspension question | FerrariChat

5550 Aftermarket suspension question

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Bradwilliams, May 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#1 Bradwilliams, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    Hi guys. I have my Maranello being looked at to get the suspension light turned off. How do you go about silencing the sensor? The car has a good spec'd aftermarket suspension on it. All it needs is for the light to be turned off. Spoke to Dave Helms about it and he recommends removing the suspension computer. Any thoughts tazandjan? Thanks a bunch

2. dodici

dodici Karting

Mar 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA.
    Full Name:
    Dale
    There is a green wire that goes between the suspension ECU and the electronics that give the dash suspension warning . It is pulled to Ground when the suspension ECU wants to turn on the warning light. Other than that, the warning light also flashes when the car is first turned on to check it's functionality. By simply cutting this wire, the light will only flicker when first turning on the car and then stay out. At least that's the way it works on mine. Hope this helps.

3. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #3 ferraridriver, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    This is true except for one thing, the wire is green with a yellow tracer. It goes to the lower (yellow) plug on the shock ECU

Instead of just cutting it I would put a male & female connector so it could be put back together.

4. 00 550

00 550 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2009
    FL
    Full Name:
    That guy
    Do you still get the "CHECK OK" light if this mod is made?

5. dodici

dodici Karting

Mar 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA.
    Full Name:
    Dale
  6. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Thanks for the info guys. Is the green wire in the footwell too?

7. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    #7 ///Mink, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    First off, just wanted to say thank you for posting this. My RR actuator gear is broken, and although I've ordered a new one, it won't arrive before the big drive I'm going on on Sunday. I'm fairly AR, so looking at the warning all day would have driven me nuts. I'll reconnect it when I have the new gear installed.

However, my experience was a bit different and just wanted to add it to the thread. Although cutting the wire did extinguish the warning light, I get a full 5-10 seconds of suspension warning when I turn the key on, and I also do NOT get the "check OK" message any more. But I drove it around a bit and I was very happy not to have to see those damned triangles. Thanks!

F456M likes this.