575 climate control likes things cold (or too hot)! | FerrariChat

575 climate control likes things cold (or too hot)!

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Ilgreco, Nov 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ilgreco

Ilgreco Rookie

Feb 21, 2021
    My 2003 575 F-1 seems unwilling to maintain a comfortable temp in the cabin. With the airflow directional switch to auto, the temp to say... 72 F, and the fan speed to auto, the air out of the vents is far too cold, even when it's 40ies outside. Warmth appears when I bump up the temp to higher numbers (like over 76 F) in which case it does make things warmer, but then it accelerates to too-high-for comfort temps.

Being a newbie on Maranellos, has anyone experienced anything similar? Guessing the control module (??) may be going bad, but wanted to check with the community before diving in...

Thanks!

2. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    My 2001 550 climate control works as it should in full auto mode in summer and winter, but it doesn't like fall and spring. It gets confused when the outside air is in the 0-10 celsius range, it can't decide to cool or heat. When it's cold out (below 0) or hot out (20s and above) no problem at all, but this time of year it can't decide what it wants to do and I end up having to constantly adjust the temp up and down a notch. I believe the 575 and 550 climate control systems are very similar if not identical.

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Unless it's like that by (poor) design, I would be looking at the various temperature sensors before diving in too deep. Make sure they are not physically damaged, covered with dirt/dust, etc.

e.g. Make sure the fan on the inside (cabin) temperature sensor is drawing in air (found to the right of the steering wheel)....

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Make sure that the sensor on the driver's mirror is not covered in some kind of insulator (mud, wrap, etc)....

The duct temperature sensor may have a predictive function (to stop temperature overruns). The inside (cabin) temperature sensor will be a final output temperature sensor. According to the parts manual, there are two of these duct sensors.

Of course, a Ferrari dealer will be able to interrogate the system to see if anything is malfunctioning/out of range.