575 manual watch, Europe | Page 15 | FerrariChat

575 manual watch, Europe

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Themaven, Aug 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Damn, you're copying my business plan.

2. Vereeken

Vereeken Formula Junior

May 16, 2014
    Belgium
    Too complex. You just have to wait long enough. In 20 years time mileage will not matter nor does a service book. Most of the expensive Daytona's have holes in the history or unknown true mileage. The only thing you need to do is keep breathing.

It reminds me of my economy teacher. He proclaimed that the stock market always gives a good return if you look at it in a 20 year time period. WHen I replied he will be most likely dead in 20 years he did not seem amused. Which gave me my second lesson in life. Nobody is interested in the the truth.

3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    All except one of the U.K. manuals have disappeared from Pistonheads it seems. Sold or withdrawn?

4. Rudolf M

Rudolf M Rookie

Jun 22, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rudolf Mkhitaryan

One from Masterspeed was sold for sure... to me). I haven't received her yet and it seems that transportation to South of France will take longer than I expected. Not FHP but I think a fare price for low mileage car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Congratulations! South of France is the perfect locale for these cars. I dream of driving there in mine...What colour combo is yours?

6. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #356 F456M, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I keep mine in Nice. So I fly to Nice Airport for 30 euro from Scandinavia and use the 550 regularly :)) I can say that the highway "Autoroute A8" is very fun with hills and turns. The V12 can cruise at whatever speed you want... Around the Estrel-area there are a few speed cameras. But south of that it can be "interesting" when there is not much traffic..... On the small roads, the speed bumps is really a pain. In the city the scooters and other cars are extremely close. I enjoy it!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I love that picture. Made for Monaco. Same profile as the yachts.

And this is the best season to drive down there. Getting warm, no crowds.

I must think about storing mine there...many good reasons to go. But do you have to register it in France/be a resident?

8. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #358 F456M, Apr 2, 2017
    Agree! No you can of course drive it legally on vacation with foreign registration if you are not a French citicen (maybe even then).

I want to find a building with space for many cars. We have discussed about this in our Ferrari club, and many guys want to do the same... It takes 30 minutes to get into Italy from Nice!! You have Spain, France, The Swiss alps, Germany and Italia (+The French riviera) in just a few houres away. It is a perfect starting point!! The best thing is that there are planes EVERY day to most European cities (and from the US too). That means, it is very easy to get home a day later, if you need just that "extra day" of Grand V12 motoring.......... 😉👍

This picture is from the Swiss alps. Another favorite. Europe at its best. A big contrast to the riviera, but not far away. To hear that V12 work its way up twisty steep roads is an experience in itself!!

9. Rudolf M

Rudolf M Rookie

Jun 22, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rudolf Mkhitaryan

Thank you, I can't wait to drive her. It's rosso corsa/ nero. I plan to keep her full time in Beaulieu Sur Mer which is between Nice and Monaco. Because of this I going to register her in France. Otherwise I would struggle with insurance overseas three months limits if I insured her in UK.

10. Rudolf M

Rudolf M Rookie

Jun 22, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rudolf Mkhitaryan

Amazing picture! I like this colour more than mine). Agree. Autoroute 8" is very fun to drive and very convenient to explore French and Italian rivieras and Alps.
    Do you know anything about this car storage nearby Nice Airport www.lhde.fr/en/ ?

11. Vereeken

Vereeken Formula Junior

May 16, 2014
    Belgium
    How do you register in France? You must have an address I believe? But do you also have to actually live at that address?

12. Rudolf M

Rudolf M Rookie

Jun 22, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rudolf Mkhitaryan
    I have an holiday apartment and spend about three-four month per year there. Utility bills are enough confirmation of address for this purpose.

13. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
  14. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
  15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The 19" modulars were not available until around SN 130000, so she may have predated availability of those wheels. No SN/VIN noted in the ad. She does have Daytona seats and aluminum calipers. CDF was an extra cost color on the 575M, too, and a beautiful paint that looks very different in different lighting conditions.

16. Jürgen Geisler

Jürgen Geisler Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    Agree Terry, what a beautiful color for a Maranello....

17. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Battleship grey with a funeral black interior - no thanks! :(

18. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #368 tazandjan, Apr 12, 2017
  19. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, my mistake. But dark grey + black interior = gloomy.

20. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Those seats are not in great condition for a 13k mile car. Chunky price but I suspect it will sell.

21. Rudolf M

Rudolf M Rookie

Jun 22, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rudolf Mkhitaryan
    Sounds like it's the only manual 575 currently offered in UK

22. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
    #372 MogulBoy, May 1, 2017
  23. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Wasn't that up for £230k last year?

24. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
    #374 MogulBoy, May 1, 2017
    £249,950 (post #135 from June 2016)

The copy suggests that the interior is Nero but it looks rather like Blu Scuro in the photos to me.

Giallo can look great, but it is clearly niche (esp. with Blu) so they might have to wait for a well-heeled Daltonist to pitch up but the cheaper it gets, the more economically viable a colour-change respray becomes. Argento perhaps?

25. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Interior looks Nero to me. Different flash and lighting makes any interior color look off from what it really is. Most black interiors look slightly blue-gray in photos unless a pro who knows what he is doing takes the photos. My charcoal (light black, very dark gray) interior looks light gray in most photos.