575 manual watch, Europe | Page 22 | FerrariChat

575 manual watch, Europe

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Themaven, Aug 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I know its rare but here's a red/tan one for $699k w/no buyers premium, obviously not in europe but still

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/2005/ferrari/575--superamerica/1728570

The buyers premium alone on that car was $100k or so and all in he paid over $1M. If its a car with 50 miles thats fine, i was just curious if anyone knew the mileage. Wasn't someone on here selling a silver one recently?

2. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Why has F355 Fan 82 been banned?

3. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  4. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    That's still not realistic, the mileage isnt "high" i mean its still under 4,000/year but that's still $170,000 USD, Ferrari Ft Lauderdale has a really nice 4000 mile 575 for sale at $139k for a long long time I bet it can be had $125-130k, stick is awesome but a 58,000 mile car is not investment grade at all, paying $300-400k for a low mile one is one thing but a 58,000 mile car is not worth $170k+

5. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    RHD is a very different market to LHD. It's even a different market to mainland Europe, never mind the USA and rest of world.

Doing a straight currency conversion on the GBP price to USD on a car that's not relevant to the LHD market is pretty much irrelevant. It's comparing apples and pears not apples and apples. Even considering that a far higher percentage of the 575m's produced in RHD were Manual than in the LHD market.

6. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Also the car you mention on Ft Lauderdale has an F1 box, not Manual.

What's the current going price for a manual 575 in the USA ?

7. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    #533 F355 Fan 82, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    This car is 1 of 246 manuals and its been for sale for a realllllly long time 26,500 miles for $278k, I imagine could be had $240k or less.

https://inventory.driversource.com/vehicles/266/2002-ferrari-575-maranello

I think the whole "stick" thing is overdone, the market is up what 200-300% in 3-4 years? I mean sorry its a bit ridiculous, sure driving a stick is fun and sure a few people overpaid for the right to have to one recently and kudos to them but the reality is not that many people who grew up "dreaming" of the 575 like myself care. See Im 32 and I bought my 575 last year, the maranello was my childhood dream car from when the 550 came out until the 575 in Bad Boys 2. I always loved the maranello it was my favorite car EVER. Here is the thing, im 32 and an american and nobody ever taught me how to drive a stick, they just dont teach that here, so the pool of buyers my age moving forward who dreamed of the maranello growing up, there just aren't many of us who know how to drive a stick. Sure I'd love to learn, but where do you even practice now at my age when nobody has a stick anymore?

I just think the F1 box is misunderstood, the F1 system in the 575 was the first ever in a V12 car and that alone makes it a legendary system as time goes on, how many cars can say they have the FIRST F1 system in a V12 car from Ferrari? Only 1800 or so coupes can say that and I really do believe as time goes on you will have less and less stick buyers, at least here in the US I dont know about globally but here in the US 98% of people my age or younger do not know how to drive sticks. I think as time goes on the gap between F1 and stick 575 will close in a big way as the cars find less buyers, that silver one has been for sale for a long time for $270k and nobody wants it.....

8. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    #534 21ATS, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Manual transmissions are a very normal thing worldwide. USA is very much an anomaly in that respect. I understand it also carries an element of kudos that your car is a manual in America as though it's a skill that only very few can master. (Well that's how it comes across to us non American's anyway).

In the UK you take a driving test in either an Auto or a Manual. If you pass in a Manual you can drive both types, if you pass in an Auto you're restricted to driving Auto only. To that end, when combined with the traditional American preference of auto boxes it would explain why far fewer cars were ordered for the American Market with manual transmissions.

Your link above kind of confirms that value of the UK listed car, well the asking price at least. Mileage adjusted it's pretty similar.

I agree that values are out of whack, but that's something driven by low interest rates, ease of credit and world economy rather than an underlying intrinsic value in many of the cars that are currently changing hands at inflated prices. America are addressing that with interest rate increases, but here in the UK the interest rate is still only 0.5%. It makes it very cheap to borrow.

I'd be happy with either F1 or Manual on a 575 as long as the price is right. I've been looking for a few months now, made two offers on cars with dealers, neither accepted.

It appears in many cases, certainly in the UK at present, the cars are on consignment at the dealer and the owners are not taking offers, it's screen price or no deal. As a result of that very few are selling at all.

I'm happy to sit tight and see how things pan out over the next 12-18 months.

F456M likes this.
  9. F11

F11 Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    Option 1: Google Stick Shift Driving School plus your city.

Option 2: Make friends with a valet at a restaurant you frequent rent a car on turo.

In a few hours and for less than the cost of a fancy meal you’ll be able to drive with three pedals

cgt000 likes this.
  10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Affirmative, not exactly rocket science.

11. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Seconded, I drive both, but my dailies are both Auto's and overwhelmingly I drive Auto's. Mainly due to the fact they are so good these days the old fashioned perceived advantages of a manual (more control, more driver input, not sapping power) have been entirely eradicated.

The only problem for a regular auto driver is when we drive a manual on a motorway (freeway/autobahn etc) then as we slow down after a long drive we forget to press the clutch. That's about it.

12. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Same dealer has a 26K mile car for £175K. Draw your own conclusions.

Don't sit tight - you are missing so much fun (and you could get run over by a bus in 12 months' time).

21ATS likes this.
  13. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    It is someting about the looks of that gated shifter which is very sexy and will always be cool. I have driven my M3 SMG and Maserati Cambiocorsa the last year, and now recently drove a full week with the 550 with a real manual. I must say the electrohydraulic clutch cars are more comfortable, and makes more sense in everyday life. However, the manual is great when driving just occationally, and it is a joy very time. It is just slower, but who cares. The Maranellos are not sprinters anyway. The clutch is really heavy after an houre or two in stop and go traffic… I think the shifter in the 550 which is offset and closer to the driver than the center mounted shifter in the 575s are more "ideal". With the amount of stop lights in America, a F1 tranny is the only logic thing, almost as good as a proper oilpan auto box. (kudos to 456 GTA owners for choosing the right thing! :).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bluebottle and 21ATS like this.
  14. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I would just make a comment that condition far more important than mileage. I have a LHD Fiorano pack 6 speed that I have driven over 50,000 miles. I have always serviced without regard to cost, anything mechanical that needed doing was done (importantly including shocks which are not cheap especially the Fiorano ones) and I can assure you that the car is as tight and as powerful as the day I picked it up in 2002. The sticky bits are all done, the interior is perfect. Don’t forget, in the long run the mileage will be irrelevant, just as it is now for the older cars. I don’t have a strong opinion on value but I can tell you that a manual 575 is one of the most rewarding Ferrari’s to drive and own and I would encourage anyone that is tkinking of getting one to go for it. This is not something you will regret unless you buy one with lots of deferred maintenance.

15. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mark- The FHP package uses the same shocks as standard 575Ms, same shock ECUs, too. HGTC shocks are different, or at least half of them are.

16. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Today I drove this car:-

http://simonfurlonger.co.uk/cars/show.php?id=1068&p=50&page=1&srt=price%20DESC

This is the first Manual Ferrari I've ever driven and it was lovely. I'm an auto driver as a rule of thumb so I really never expected to enjoy driving a manual as much as I did.

The clutch was not at all heavy, the gear change was smooth with that lovely metallic click you get from the gate. The engine was so elastic it just never once felt it was in the wrong gear. Quite something.

Overall the car looked like a well cared for 58,000 mile example. Not a show winner, but not tatty. The drivers seat needed some work and the headlight and door/window seals are going to need replacing in the not too distant future. it just needed some cosmetic tidying to make it a very clean car.

Mechanically it felt tight and responsive and everything worked.

Interestingly it went to auction last year and didn't sell (there are some better pictures on the listing):-

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/LF17/London/lots/r141-2003-ferrari-575-maranello/457780

So I like this a lot and it's about the numbers now. The mileage doesn't put me off, it means I can use it without sweating about depreciation.

Chassis = 133227
    AN = 50547

If those numbers liberate build details from the more knowledgeable members it would be appreciated.

17. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I remember looking at that car at the Sotheby's auction last September in Battersea Park. I think there's something on this thread about what it bid to (?) - £155k?

Seems a very good price for you now. Your friendly local Ferrari dealer can get you the spec details.

18. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    It reached £140K and didn't sell last year (that would have been + buyers fee).

It's been for sale for just under 5 weeks at this dealer. I'm the first person to view it/drive it. The only other enquiry they had decided the mileage was too high and didn't get as far as viewing.

The dealer was refreshingly straight forward, explained the market is soft and people are not going to sell unless they're open to offers (this is a consignment sale).
    Also explained in his view the market for these cars once over 50K miles is limited despite the fact it's manual. So he did explain it would be tough to sell if I was looking for something to drive short term (which I'm not).

19. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Alan- Is this what you wanted? A Ferrari dealer should be able to pull a build sheet for you from MODIS, but likely you will not learn anything new.

Attached Files:

21ATS likes this.
  20. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Thanks Terry it was what I was after.

This looks like a 2003 built car registered in 2004.

I'm just weighing up if want to pay the premium for the manual, it really was a nice drive.

21. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    I remember this car from last year too. Looks good given the mileage. I guess the main question in my mind is: is it worth paying approx 50% scarcity premium for a 575 manual over a comparable 550, particularly for a higher mileage car which tends to be less interesting for those collector types who usually pay for rarity. That was part of the thinking that led me to a 550 last year. Good luck.

21ATS likes this.
  22. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
  23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Did you also check out the 550 at the same place?

24. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius