575 Maranello Question | FerrariChat

575 Maranello Question

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Jonathan Betuel, Sep 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonathan Betuel

Sep 22, 2017
    Full Name:
    Kauaiguy
    I recently had the pleasure of purchasing a 575 2003 with 8100 miles on it. About to have it transported to California. What a rolling work of art.

Due to local law regulations in LA, I must affix a license plate on the front. (&^%$#@!) If i don't anywhere I park the car will gt tickets like confetti.

Am wondering if anyone else has had to attach a front plate. ANd where did they do it? I don't want to cover the prancing horse or the grille. But it needs to be done or move out of state.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue? And if so what were the solutions.

Many thanks!

jb

klfpaul likes this.
  2. ixlr8

ixlr8 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore- Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    There are several companies that make front plate mounts that attach where the tow hook attaches. Sorry, I don't have any links handy.

3. DocRogers

DocRogers Karting

Oct 11, 2015
    Maine
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I have a removable bracket for my 456. I frequently forget (wink, wink) to put it back on after a show or washing the car, so it's in the trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Jonathan Betuel

Sep 22, 2017
    Full Name:
    Kauaiguy
    Ah. Gentlemen thanks for the information. I'll find a bracket that attaches to the tow hook which Ill need to hunt down. And maybe stow all it in the trunk.
    jb

5. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  6. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    If you post this question in the 575 forum, you should get reams of relevant advice. Congratulations on a beautiful car!

7. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Cool cars should be exempt from this front plate BS.

audi_328 and LARRYH like this.
  8. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi Jonathan

Try looking on Carbonio's site I'm pretty sure they do a slick clip on solution for your car.

Regards

Michael

Carbonio likes this.
  9. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    Don't disagree but on this side of the pond it would cause problems with the increasing number of car parks and premises activated by number plate recognition devices - you might get in but not out!:)

10. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    We offer all the solution you need. Check out our all new website for full information and product ordering information.

11. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    I put a Carbonio on my 575 and my friend put one on his FF - works great!

12. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    There are two original brackets for front lcence plate. I ordered them for my 550.