575M handling packages | Page 2 | FerrariChat

575M handling packages

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by F612, May 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
  2. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

Taz, several years ago when we were all interested in reverse engineering the FHP & HGTC springs, members "Spirit of Daytona" and "Konadog" were kind enough to provide enough raw data from a set of HGTC's to enable me to fill in some missing blanks in the table below. So I think we have enough data now if someone wanted to get a spring builder to wind a set:

(p.s. it's interesting to note that while the HGTC fronts are slightly stiffer than the FHP's, the HGTC rears appear to be a bit softer!)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Tifoso likes this.
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    John- I had seen that before. There are a few squirrels in that list. The difference in dimensions in FHP and HGTC springs could be paint and there seem to be some errors in conversions from metric to English. I doubt the dynamic lengths on the FHP and HGTC springs differ by nearly 70 mm, etc. No way the other springs have static charges over three times the HGTC springs, either.

4. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

I think the differences in the static lengths were due to the way Spirit of Daytona tested them. IIRC, he mounted & tested them in a bench type spring compressor, so the static lengths didn't reflect the usual mounting in the car itself. There's a link to the thread where he described the testing, but it no longer works.

As far as the wire diameter, I think it's believable, since the diameters of the other wires only differed by a tenth of an inch as their rates increased.

5. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Darius' 550 at Eurospares

Now that I think about it, I am not sure Darius' 550 had FHP. His 575M, which has avoided falling trees, does.

6. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    No FHP on my 550.

Only 4000 or so miles on the car, though, so whatever doesn't wear out through use, is in very nice condition. And lots of new stuff when I reconditioned the car out of its long storage as the showpiece in a Fiat dealership in Civitavecchia, outside Rome - the former owner used it as a lure to get people in to buy his Fiats and Lancias. P Zeros with zero wear.

7. Impounder

Impounder Karting

Aug 6, 2010
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    Does anybody have the web address or how to get in touch with Maranello Skunkworks?

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Cribbj, is one of the group. See his post just above, #27.

9. Impounder

Impounder Karting

Aug 6, 2010
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    Thank you Taz