585 miles | FerrariChat

585 miles

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by msdesignltd, Feb 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
  2. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

The car has been sitting for 27 years, it's gonna need work before it can be driven.

Natkingcolebasket69 and Melvok like this.
  3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

You think anyone buying this car is going to drive it. In my best Ralph Kramden voice "hardee, har har". This is now a statue.

John B and George Vosburgh like this.
  4. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    probably will make a great add for someones collection

5. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Side note by a casual observer. Even at 500 miles, you cant escape 27 years of butt traffic on the bolsters hahaha.

6. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    For that price and "said" miles, I would request that it gets classiched by Ferrari as an addition layer of proof.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. dradambbb

dradambbb Karting

Apr 24, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Adam
    What a waste of money that was. Buy one of the most desirable cars in the world and then don't drive it. Odd people.

turbo-joe likes this.
  8. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    I agree should be

9. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I disagree. To each his own. ;)

10. Jbrauer

Jbrauer Karting

Oct 12, 2016
    Pasadena
    I would buy and drive, ha ha

11. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Someone obviously ordered this is in the late 80s either just before of after Enzo died and when delivery came in 91 the market started tanking. Don’t forget, back in those days a 2-3yr yr waiting period was common.
    They seem to have kepted it and just waited until they could get their money back out of it as best as possible.

12. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    "This is now a statue." - Well put

13. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    When one owns just one Ferrari...you can call it a waist...
    When one owns just 5 Ferrari's you can call it a shame.
    When one owns 10 Ferraris, you call it natural.
    When one owns a collection of 20 Ferrari's ..You call him " Smart"
    this might be the case.

14. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Smart. Why? If it was an investment it was horrible, especially with what has happened in those near 30 years to make a better return. If smart because he was successful monetarily, the person is not necssarily smart, possibly talented, but not absolutly smart and others have wealth through inheritance and manage to blow that because of silly spending. Not saying this person is not smart, but money and intelligence are not absolutly equatable. Besides think of all the other cars you could have bought in the time and gotten a better return than a TR.

Heck a Miura, Dino, lusso, and almost everything else was a fraction of the cost of a new TR, and you could have driven it into the ground still been 2 - 5X ahead of this statue. Plus 2 years ago you could have gotten way more than what you will get now, rolled it into the market and been up 50%. Now that would have been smart.

15. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Think Mutual stocks and bonds.
    No one can tell which car will rise the most, however in a large group as a whole.. they all go up on average.

16. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I have had a number of cars Classiche inspected including one of our own and wonder what layer of proof it would provide? Is there a question of the car not being 100% Ferrari Testarossa content? That is all they do. They have no means nor the desire to measure claims of level of use.

17. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Agree 100%. People own different things for different reasons. Who are we to declare someone else's invalid?

18. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Personally I think it is like having Sophia Loren.........and never touching her.........I couldn't not touch her!,

19. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    That program is a joke from what I’ve seen and I can’t believe people pay that kind of money for a binder with pictures - in many ways Ferrari enthusiasts are just silly when it comes to values and blind willingness to overpay for some things.

20. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Imo if the car qualifies it's a nice addition to have like luggage etc just makes it more special

21. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    This is the heart of my point. A need for something unneeded. It strikes at what I feel some owners need...for external affirmation to make them feel special or an ego boost, not just love of cars in general. In full disclosure I’ve taken part in shows and attend displays to share my passion, but my non enthusiast wife and others equate this as all the same - calling it showing off, but these for me are about sharing and meeting fellow enthusiasts for conversation.

IMO - The cars by production, iconic history, and aesthetics are special.

Do I need a book and pictures of my other cars to tell me it’s all original and special? Do the owners of Bugatti’s or of the last run of 400+ Rolls Royce Corniche cars need clever marketing affirmation that they have something special? I think a good PPI can tell you anything that is not OEM if they really dig around the car and actually know the cars and have them just take some pictures put it all in a nice binder...wow I’ve just verified my car and made it special for a fraction of the cost!

22. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    I love having my red book for my tr and when the day I sell her the new owner will appreciate it as much as I do

23. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    To each is own what ever makes u happy the more documents the better

24. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    Adding a little perspective, perhaps if you had Halle Berry and Ursula Andres, you might be too busy for Sophia?