599 airbag assistance | FerrariChat

599 airbag assistance

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Ducati348, Jun 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ducati348

Ducati348 Karting

May 15, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Alex Scroppo
    Hi everyone,

I have a 2011 599 GTB HGTE with an the airbag failure light just illuminated. I plugged in my Foxwell scanner and determined the failure is DTC first stage front passenger side airbag. I went into the live diagnostics and looked at the resistance of all the airbag systems. The front passenger side airbag had a higher resistance than the others. The resistance read 4.5 ohms compared to the other airbags which read 2.5 ohms to 3.0 ohms. I had recently replaced the window regulator in the passenger side so I disassembled the door panel again and checked all of the connections to the airbag and door. In addition, I cleaned the circular connector between the inner and outer door too (there was a little corrosion on the pins that I cleaned off with contact cleaner). After all of this was done, I rescanned the airbag system again and the same fault shows up with the same 4.5 ohm resistance. There is definitely a resistance issue because the scanner will not allow the code to be cleared. I took some screen shots of the readings on my scanner. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to get this problem resolved and the airbag failure light to clear?

Thanks,

Alex Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. chasuke310

chasuke310 Rookie

Sep 6, 2017
    check front air bag in the dash connector. unplug and plug back in. see if resistance changes

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    ... or leave it to the experts. Pyrotechnics are not to be played with unless you really know what you are doing. I thought I did and blew an airplane evacuation slide by plugging and unplugging things (even though the wiring diagram suggested it shouldn't blow).