599 - Alpine Halo Stereo Upgrade | FerrariChat

599 - Alpine Halo Stereo Upgrade

Discussion in '612/599' started by Justin Hughes, Dec 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Justin Hughes

Justin Hughes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2020
    Oxfordshire - UK
    Full Name:
    Hughesie
    So I took the plunge recently here in the UK and instructed a stereo shop to install the Alpine Halo 9" touchscreen system and an Alpine reverse cam.

https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/SingleView/iLX-F903D

Fully reversible.

Looks and sounds amazing, great to use and so much better than the OEM kit.

No Install pics but it's going back next week as the DAB needs a better position/aerial so will get some pics - they built a "double cage" so they head unit wouldn't foul the fascia and wrapped it in Carbon Fiber, what little of it you can see behind the unit. They also left the original cover in place and I know other installers have removed this for some reason.

Picked up a bargain head unit on a Black Friday deal at £599 inc shipping from a UK shop.

Install itself was £539 inc the cam, DAB aerial, build, Install, fitting of a double USB port in the center console and any follow-up adjustments that need to be done, top quality work from the installer Oxford Car Audio and Performance works in Oxford.

I'll post up some pics over the weekend.

2. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Nice. I had a high-end Pioneer installed and replaced all but the dash speakers. The grilles cannot be removed without removing the upper dashboard first. I think they kind of let down the much improved sound though. Any creative solution you have seen? Heard of? Thanks!

3. shawn daniel

shawn daniel Rookie

Aug 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    shawn daniel