599 Battery Conditoner | FerrariChat

599 Battery Conditoner

Discussion in '612/599' started by Vito, Jul 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    2008 599 GTB - I have a question regarding the Ferrari battery conditioner (charger) that came with my 2008 599 GTB. I routinely leave the unit connected to the car so as to keep the battery in top condition. for the past several weeks only the red 50% light has been lit, it has not switched over to the green full charge light. I got to thinking about the unit - could it have gone bad? Can I replace it with a single pole Battery Tender brand unit? Can the connector from the Ferrari unit be spliced onto the Battery Tender unit, maintaining polarity, such that it will hook up to the car via the original male connector in the trunk (boot)? If so, does anyone know the polarity of the original Ferrari connector? Which is positive, which is negative? I assume that the third, which would not be used, is simply the connection sensor. If it is not used, will that create a problem? Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

2. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Mine went bad. I just replaced it with a Ctek 4.3. Great tender and plugs straight into the adapter. I keep my tender plugged in whenever I am not taking out the 599.

3. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Ctek is the way to go. I also have the pigtail hardwired into the battery avoiding the connector plug between the battery and the pigtail, which was not working correctly on my '08 599.

4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You will love all the functions on that tender. With the alligator clips that quickly snap on and off its easy to use on all kinds of batteries.

George Vosburgh likes this.
  5. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    Installed the new CTEK unit the other day with the Ferrari adapter & within 2 hours all was well. Great unit and connects to the existing connector like a factory unit.

George Vosburgh likes this.
  6. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #8 SonomaRik, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  7. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

The CTEK model I have now is the one over this model and I've been very happy with it.

8. dc348

dc348 Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    Luckily back in HK
    Full Name:
    DC
    The Ctek MXS 5.0 looks like the right unit for the 599. Mine is 2006 which doesn't have the factory plugs so I'll wired it direct on to the battery.