599 GTB Fiorano photos | Page 2 | FerrariChat

599 GTB Fiorano photos

Discussion in '612/599' started by Manuma, Feb 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jmuriz

jmuriz Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Looks good in the pictures, from what I can see...the lines will probably look better in person.
    However, is it me or that that car look very tall....like 4-door sedan tall. What happened to the low-slug Ferraris? This and the 612 look like they are 55 inches tall or something!

2. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
  3. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Absolutely fantastic. Ferrari should never release "official" photos ever again. They have consistantly managed to ruin every car pre-release with the crappy official photos. Even in bad lighting with these pics you can see the sheer prescence of this glorious car. I will say now that IMO this car is the finest two seat GT car in the world (Previously held by the Aston DB9). Maybe even the best in several car classes. Unlike nearly every car maker today Ferrari has branched out to make fantastic cars that stir the sould and break with tradition. This car will be a leap forward in lightyears beyond the 575M. Bravo Ferrari!!! BRAVO!!

4. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

They do look tall. The wheels are probably solid 20s all-around. Lowering will be mandatory.

Forza,

Cavallini

5. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

The 575M is/was superior to all the Astons, in every way. The only reason it doesn't seem that way is because the shape is basically ten years old.

For the 599 I agree with you but don't you see more than a hint of 250 GTO in the lines and contours, front, side and back?

Forza,

Cavallini

6. pk328

pk328 Karting

Oct 16, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You are right, very good spot! These pics are SO much better then the official ones.

A bit disappointed by the interior though, too 612ish.

7. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Simply stunning.....

Who said it is a 599 GTB Fiorano?
    The plate just says 599 GTB....

8. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    WOW, sounds great....

I doubt this "Fiorano" thing though....
    Even the dashboard simply says 599 GTB.

9. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Well stated Cavallini.

The reference to the Aston was an purely asthetic one. As far as driving dynamics the 575M is clearly superior. I do agree that the 599 is an evolution of Front mounted V12 cars dating back to the 250, however; I should have clarified:
    What I meant that while the car has cues to the past it is a fresh and striking design. Unlike nearly every other car being unveiled, Ferrari has not whored out its past like Ford with the GT, or Lambo if they sell the Miura.

10. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    His pictures are now on italiaspeed.com

599 GTB Fiorano?

11. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Anyone else notice that the lower valence on the nose doesn't have that black lip on these cars?

Also, some seem to say Pininfarina on the bottom, some don't....

Guess theese are still pre-production cars....

12. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    LOVE IT!!!

Although I can understand certain C6 vette comparisons I have heard, this car is an A+ in my book. Not completely radical like the TR, but I love a good long and sleek design.

13. nejcdolinsek

nejcdolinsek Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    In my opinion, at this point comparing the 599 with the C6 in terms of anything is absolutely rediculous...

14. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

Very, very true. I apologize for not commending you on that point because it's simply a disgrace to the word "design" the way marquees are simply rehashing and warming over the past. I'm actually a little surprised to see Lamborghini do this, especially with the very bold and attractive lines of the Gallardo.

They seem to be following Ferrari's lead with the limited edition projects, probably wise of them. LOL. A new Miura would be an instant classic, especially if it's RWD- which I doubt it will be.

And I also agree with you about the DB9's beauty. It's a beauty. I don't know what's going to happen at Aston since Fisker left. To judge by the new Jaguar XKs it's going to be a very steep decline. The new XK is simply a warmed over Ford. Very disappointing.

Forza,

Cavallini

15. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

I often wonder why they use such bland interiors on the display models, especially given the vast array of beautiful interior options. Puzzling.....

Forza,

Cavallini

16. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    The look of the exterior look of the cars is all I was referring to. Surely if you look at a picture of a C6 and of the 599 you can see some aesthetic similarities. That being said, the 599 has a far more aggressive look (IMO). Also unlike the 599, I wouldn't give my left nut to own the C6.

17. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

The C6 is the daily driver, the 599 for the sunny weekends. Other than four wheels, you really have to stretch to see any similarity between a "Vette" and the 599. For the money, you can't beat the C6, but then, the new 599 is a classic.

18. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Well put.

19. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    As much as I hated those star wheels....
    When they are clean, and have the Ferrari logo, they actually look kinda good.
    I think they fit the car better then the Challenge style optional wheels.

I really like this car....a home run for F.

20. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

The 599 will be the daily driver in my garage. Hell, the 550 is the daily driver of choice for a number of F-chatters.

This car was designed from its inception to be the most complete and competent Ferrari, indeed road car, ever- rain, snow, heat, cold, crosscountry treks and weekends at the track- it's designed to handle all of it in a way no other car has ever been able to, with Ferrari style and bravura. You can see the development from the 430 to the 612 and now to the peak with the 599.

It will set a new standard and you can bet the next Lambo and Vanquish will attempt to equal its all-around, world class abilities. Lambo can't rest forever on the weekend only car as the star of their line-up. And with their AWD expertise at Audi I see no reason why the Miura concept won't be the Murcielago replacement. It would be a serious competitor to the 599.

Aston simply have their work cut out for them because their money will be in very short supply. I say they'll be on the auction block in two years. BMW will buy them. You heard it here first. LOL.

And no, there's no Vette anywhere near this car. But I must say, the Vette is formidable in its own right, in both performance and looks, and for the money it is clearly the best in class.

Forza,

Cavallini

21. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

I can't wait to see it with some traditional 5-spokes. That will set the lines of this car on fire....eg...HREs, Hartges, or even the modulars from the 575.

Forza,

Cavallini

22. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    Man the more I look at this car the more I like it.

I love the rear. The whole car reminds me of the 612, if it hit the gym for a few years shot up with some juice and got a tattoo.

23. pk328

pk328 Karting

Oct 16, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I notice that there seems to be no provision for a Sat-Nav screen. In this day and age that's a surprise, especially given its potential continent-crushing performance. Maybe the screen next to the rev counter doubles as Sat-Nav?

24. Manuma

Manuma Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Manu
    #49 Manuma, Feb 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    They decided to call it Fiorano the afternoon before the event and many members of Ferrari Spa didn't know it before.

This is the first car with different sospension. It has liquid mercury that became hard with electric impulse and so the sospension became hard from soft in only 100 milliseconds.

It change gears in 100 milliseconds, Enzo and 430 make it in 150 and Fxx in 80.

It is 10 cm longer than the 575 but it weight 50 kg less and the linje looks smaller.

It use less fuel than the 575 also if it has 100 hp more.

On the picture there are rosso corsa, argento nurburgring anda the new ROSSO MONZA that is not as the rubino, it's fantastic.

My dealer has sold all 2006 and 2007 cars.

Here the rosso Monza of the 8c competizione
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Technically amazing.

Physically I dont get it!