599 HTGE Package | FerrariChat

599 HTGE Package

Discussion in '612/599' started by Drew Altemara, Aug 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Can someone explain how the HTGE package adds to the handling of the 599. Is it just a harsher setting or are the electronics helping in some other way?

Thanks,

Drew Altemara

2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    There are some fairly detailed lists of the parts on here but there are electronic AND mechanical parts, wheels, sway bars, and more. The new ECU has a different map for the suspension so it behaves differently, not just stiffer.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    See if this helps. Description of the retrofit kit. Real ones had seats and some extra trim. Courtesy of Boardwalk.

599 HGTE Retrofit kit

For your 599, we offer the HGTE Retrofit kit which includes...

Handling package - consisting of new more rigid springs and rear anti-roll bar as well as new calibration for the magnetorheological shock absorbers when in the sporty positions of the Manettino (SPORT and RACE positions). The handling features a better response time and a feeling of increased compactness without unduly compromising driving comfort. The car’s ride height has also been reduced and therefore the center of gravity lowered still further, which helps with the reduction of weight shift. The lowering of the center of mass combined with the new setup helps to reduce the squat and dive as well as pitch and roll, with the resulting benefit to the car’s dynamic performance.

This setting reduces the static roll and rolling movements on the tracks as well as pitching. This gives the car faster turn-in and less under-steer effect. The car’s performance has also been improved with new tires which have been specially optimized for this package. They are characterized by a compound that helps to allow even more effective grip for better road holding combined with excellent ease of control.

The front tires are fitted on modular rims with increased rigidity and a larger track. This improves axle performance which facilitates turn-in.

These results are achieved through both mechanical and software changes:
    • Lower suspension (10mm)
    • New magnetorheologically controlled suspension calibration for the Manettino
    SPORT and RACE configurations
    • More rigid suspension springs (front + 16%, rear + 10%)
    • More rigid rear antiroll bars (diameter increased to 24.5 mm)
    • Tires with improved compound
    • Modular rims with reduced weight and special new design

The kit also adds a strong styling component: the 20” modular rims with new design and finishing treatment. The rims have a forged flange to benefit weight. The design of the spokes is highlighted by a diamond surface treatment with a technical matte transparent trim called “Silver Corsa”.

Performance package - NOTE-This kit cannot be installed on cars with manual gearboxes. Cars with VIN 156938 and greater can use this kit or HGTE Exhaust Kit part number 70001493 which is mufflers only.

The installation of the “HGTE Performance” kit, which includes the replacement of the mufflers, exhaust pipes and new software settings, offers the client faster response of the engine controls. This enhances the car’s dynamic qualities which can be best experienced on the track.

In performance driving conditions, the F1 gearbox activation is now more rapid. Indeed, thanks to optimized electronic control, the response time of the gear change command system has been reduced by 20 milliseconds during downshifting. A further enhancement involves engine control, which includes
    accelerator logic with modified mapping that enhances the rapid increase in revolutions along the wide engine use field.

In addition, this kit includes exhaust tailpipes which are further enhanced in the rear ¾ views by the black chroming treatment on the side surface. The styling characteristics of the tailpipes are combined with a modification of the exhaust muffler. The sound produced by the car is more pronounced and exciting, especially for sports use, while maintaining a good level of comfort at cruising speed.

Exhaust - Mufflers only upgrade

Asthetic (exterior only) -
    Together with the other kits, or individually, this kit completes the “customization” of the exterior. It enhances the front area with the use of a grille with a special chromatic treatment where the Prancing Horse has a more definitive appearance due to a special brushed-finish treatment. The Prancing Horse with the same treatment is also available on the rear lid.

4. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Thanks Taz. I know you had posted it before I just didn't go looking. The exhaust tips do look amazing.

5. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Terry,

Thank you for the very complete answer. That is just what I was looking for.

Drew

6. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I have a 2008 with a full HGTE conversion. It truly is the most amazing car I have owned. Wife and I discussed selling it to facilitate some changes we are considering but I haven't quite jumped over that hurdle yet. It is hard to let go of these cars.

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. robert344@verizon.net

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2015
    Full Name:
    robert
    Hi, If you decide to sell please PM me ! Thanks

8. jason blood

jason blood Rookie

Dec 15, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    jason blood
    Ok so I have an original hgte. 2010. Black on black. Love it . Does anyone know how to access the headlamps to change a bulb i can't find the answer anywhere, thanks

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    According to the WSM, access is through removing the wheelhouse cover.

10. jason blood

jason blood Rookie

Dec 15, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    jason blood
    Thank you. The guy was saying he had to pull the bumper...

11. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    You only need to remove the bumper if you want to remove the entire headlight unit. Even then, you remove the wheelhouse cover to disconnect everything.

Unfortunately, you probably have to remove the wheel to get at everything.

12. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Wheelhouse cover can be removes without remove the wheel.

Daniel

13. jason blood

jason blood Rookie

Dec 15, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    jason blood
    Thank you. That's what I had thought. Every one tries to rook you when you have a ferrari. Even on palm beach island. You know who doesn't? Believe it or not, ferrari of Beverly hills. Always super cool. Thanks for the reply thats what they told me as well.

14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Daniel- Thanks, could not tell from the images, which were missing.

15. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    :)

You have to turn the steering in both directions to get better access to the screws.
    Not difficult.

Daniel

16. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I believe it was
    right cover - steering right
    left cover - steering left

Daniel

17. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    Had the right side headlight running bulbs replaced by Ferrari of Los Angeles (same owner as Ferrari of BH, of South Bay and of Silicon V - Giacomo Mattioli) for nominal cost. They do work on the up-and-up with their customers.

18. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Dunno. Sounds like it could be easier to just remove the bumper. o_O

19. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Robin- Removing the bumper will still not get you access to the bulbs and connectors. You still need to remove the wheelhouse cover.

20. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel