599 Lowering Issue | FerrariChat

599 Lowering Issue

Discussion in '612/599' started by empire0007, Apr 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. empire0007

empire0007 Rookie

Apr 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mike F Hakimi
    Hello group. I recently purchased a 2008 599 with only 5K on it. I decided to lower it, as I have read the thread that it's easily done with the coilovers, but after taking a look at it, my front swaybar is almost next to the coilver and there is no room to lower, so I decided to get H&R springs.

After, I replaced the springs, I started getting major knocking noise. I took the coilvers out inspected them and double checked and placed them back on, and there is no issue and noise continued. After inspecting more, i noticed the front and rear swaybars bushing were dryied up so I decided to get H&R swaybars. I replaced the swaybars and went for the drive. The noise was lot less, but I am still getting a clicking type of noise. I inspected everything again and I can't find where it is coming from?

Has anyone had any experience with the springs after changing to get this noise?

2. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Hello, did you ever find out?