599 TFT display problems | FerrariChat

599 TFT display problems

Discussion in '612/599' started by drjeeva, May 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drjeeva

drjeeva Karting

Jul 21, 2007
    Ipoh, Perak, Malaysi
    Full Name:
    Jeevaraj Nadarajah
    #1 drjeeva, May 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am the happy owner of 2007 Ferrari 599 GTB in excellent condition. Recently however I am having some problems with my TFT display. There are a few black/grey marks/smudges visible on it. It blocks out some of the words on the display. When I touched the screen it felt very hot. This was during a long fairly fast drive on the highway. Is this normal? The weather where I live has been very hot and humid for the past few months. Can this be a cause? The smudges are still there the next time I started the car. I'm worried this is going to result in a change of the instrument pod.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. drjeeva

drjeeva Karting

Jul 21, 2007
    Ipoh, Perak, Malaysi
    Full Name:
    Jeevaraj Nadarajah
    One of friends told me that there is a thin plastic film over the tft display and that the problem seems to be in this layer. theoretically i should be able to peel it off. any ideas guys?

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Unfortunately the display and associated electronics they used aren't of the highest quality. I would not try to peel off anything. They get hot and this heat causes problems. There is a firm that repairs these systems. I just forget the name but a few years ago they did the cluster on my 599. Its far less expensive than replacing the entire cluster. I will see if I can find you the name...

4. drjeeva

drjeeva Karting

Jul 21, 2007
    Ipoh, Perak, Malaysi
    Full Name:
    Jeevaraj Nadarajah
    Tks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    ferrarioc.com francorchamps in costa mesa ca

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

6. Speed and Angels

Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Looking at your display I just realized that my 599 came with a radio installed, who knew. :)

Nero599 likes this.