599 vs. Lambo | Page 2 | FerrariChat

599 vs. Lambo

Discussion in '612/599' started by speed racer, Mar 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BANANA

BANANA Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2007
    the 599 does not look like a supercar. the lambo looks like what a supercar should be, low, wide, and jaw droppingly gorgeous. i cannot comment on the performance and drive of the 599 because i have never driven one. but over the summer i drove both a standard murci and an lp640 (no i wasn't test driving them i actually had the whole summer to use the vehicles, friends and family came over to visit from the middle east and they brought their cars with them) and wow what a feeling, the noise, the looks, the drive everything perfect about it. but i have to say that my 360 feels livelier and faster, the lambo is so torquey but the 360 is so lively. i'm sure the 360 is not faster than the lambo but it just feels it. nevertheless i would swap my 360 for a murci anyday. actually a murci is a possible candidate to replace my ferrari when the time comes.

2. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Google search reveals Parnelli Jones as the source of that quote as "If you're in control ...."

My personal corollary is that good drivers rarely crash ... and *great* drivers crash, sometimes spectacularly, once in a while....

3. Edwin_360

Edwin_360 Rookie

Aug 3, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    i have an f430 spider and an lp640. i haven't tracked the lambo yet-i just got it in january and only have 900 miles on it. i have tacked 430 coupes for 8 days in mont tremblant, canada (ferrari driving experiences), and about 4 days in my car here in texas (tws & msrh). i have raced my spec racer ford in national scca events for 2 years, done numerous DE days at various tracks and completed most of the big-name driving schools. i am 6' tall, 230 pounds, 50 years old.

my general observations- the lambo 640 is heavy in its steering. the car seems heavy. the seats aren't very adjustable and are not that comfortable to me (compared to the ferrari daytona seats.) it is hard to get into and out of. the lambo gets way more attention. it is what people think of when they think exotic. people come out of the woodwork to photograph the car. they follow you around for miles. it is like being a rock star. the car is brutally powerful. it is truly, "a bull." and there is nothing like the gull-wing doors baby; they are really cool. i liken the car to a pair of high heels--uncomfortable as hell, but they look GREAT! i will be more nervous and less confident tracking it. i would think you have to be a better driver to get the most out of the lambo.

the ferrari, i truly love the car. it light, responsive, well-balanced, agile; a joy to drive and track. truly a drivers car imho. sophisticated traction control. i actually prefer the 430's looks. when i get back in my 430 after driving the 640, i think, man, i really like this car a lot more than i thought.

so there you have it. everyone has different priorities and tastes. ideally, you can be lucky and blessed enough to try both and see where your priorities are..........

edwin

4. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    It has scissor doors not gullwings. The Delorean and 300SL are a few examples that have gullwing doors.

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T

Excellent post, perfectly stated.

6. redferrarispyder

redferrarispyder Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    so is this proof that the murci is quicker round the track?