599 XX start in Valencia | Page 5 | FerrariChat

599 XX start in Valencia

Discussion in '612/599' started by Christian.Fr, Jan 30, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlainS.

AlainS. Karting

Apr 11, 2006
    Spain
    Full Name:
    Alain
    Merci Christian! As always enjoying your pics.
    I'm sure we met in Valencia but we didn't know.

2. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
  3. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Well, last time i was pesent only the saturday, but for sur on FM in Nov.

Thanks M,
    As always you are a strong admirator of the 599 in all his version!
    Don t see that day the GTO but it will be for next time!

Best

4. cirugiadigestiva

cirugiadigestiva Formula Junior

May 2, 2010
    ibiza
    Full Name:
    francisco vilas
    bon jour merci, je suis le propietaire de la ferrari f40 que vous avez montrée sur la web, je suis hereux de pouvoir voir ma "voiture de course", sur un circuit
    thanks tyo show my car f40 in the web, valencia whas a very, very happy week end

5. cirugiadigestiva

cirugiadigestiva Formula Junior

May 2, 2010
    ibiza
    Full Name:
    francisco vilas
    thanks, to turn with my car, in valencia whas absoluty fantastic experience, and the car look good!!!!!!

francisco, ferrari f40 owner wiew in valence week end

6. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Too bad. I'm sure you are looking forward to that moment and we are looking forward to the pics and impressions ;)

7. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    GTO comes the sunday, i expect Ferrari brings one but it wasn t the case.
    Next time..;)

8. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    De nada Francisco, ahora no se si el placer era mio o tuyo. De fuera mola mucho, y el sonido no te digo....era un FUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuu :)

9. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    +1

Im a fan too

10. Modena F1

Modena F1 Karting

Aug 1, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Josep
    I am the 599 GTO that was in Valencia. I arrived for the second trackday on sunday, because I was in holidays and I could not come on Saturday.
    In an hour trackday, I was continously griving my gto and I did 24 laps in the track. My best time was 1 min 57 sec with Michelind OEM tyres, and wiht all the car settings standard.
    I found that the GTO was a car very difficult to drive fast, especilly in the rear axle. When I try to give throttle at the corner exit, the car began to oversteer, so I had to be very smooth with the throttle pedal.

11. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
  12. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Interesting. I tracked my GTO one full day at Spa and was feeling very comfortable with it already after a couple of laps. I share your feeling on the rear axle but only with the car in race mode and trying to push really hard. I did notice that when you get the entry right and floor it not too soon that it gets out of corners mighty fast.

What surprised me most was the total absence of under steer and the power of the brakes.

13. Modena F1

Modena F1 Karting

Aug 1, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Josep
    #114 Modena F1, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Can you tell me how many laps did you make in Spa?. I ask you these, because I would like that you check yours 599 GTO front disk brakes. I have replaced the brake pads in my GTO after 3 trackdays, and I am a litle worried about the front ccm discks and how the brake pads were exhausted. I show you some pictures from my brake pads and front discs.
    I have seen that ferrari in 599 GTO installs Pagid brake pads, and I thik that are the same pads for the 430 Challenge and 599 XX.
    I asked to my Ferrari dealer, if this kind of wear in pads and discks, and they told me that was normal, and the problem was mine, because I drove very fast my Ferraris in trackdays.
    I have a 430 scuderia, challenge stradale, and a 997 Gt2, all with ccm brakes, and I have only seen this kind of discs wear when I mounted a set of 430 challenge brake pads in my Scuderia, and I saw that this brake pads were produced by Pagid.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. mr-aleyxi

mr-aleyxi Rookie

Jul 23, 2010
    #115 mr-aleyxi, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    Christian. Tu es vraiment un homme fantastique. Supprimer le numéro 20.

On va FAIRE MIEUX
    TU NE PUBLIES PLUS AUCUNE PHOTO de la 20 MERCI
    sinon jte signale

15. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    #116 M-individual, Aug 23, 2010
    Woow, that looks pretty used if you ask me. I did about 40 laps at Spa but I have to say that I didn't push the car that hard anymore in the afternoon and drove much shorter stints (9 laps in the morning versus 4 laps in the afternoon). Reason: the brakes. The mechanics from my dealer kept checking them and did notice that the brakes were showing more wear that what they saw on the demo 458 Italia. I did start to get some clogged cooling holes but not as bad as on yours.

I've attached some pictures of mine for your reference. They later measured it in the workshop and noticed 4% wear on the front disks and 0% at the rear. One of the mechanics told me that the wear looks similar to the 599XX although not as much grooving in the disk.

My pads are white as you can see because of the heat they generated but they were far away from requiring replacement.

Just for reference: what was the cost to have your pads replaced?

16. poppy84

poppy84 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2005
    Italy & Paris
    Full Name:
    Andrea
    Pas cool et un poil arrogante cette réponse...Tu devrait remercier Christian qui est un passionné et un bon photographe.

Ceci dit la peinture Reventon (pas la Silverstone ou la Ferro mate) qui rend bien sur l'XX à déjà été utilisée sur une Scuderia et une 8C Spider.

17. chouch

chouch Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2008
    Quit crying kiddo.
    You're on a public forum that is about sharing passion for the same brand.

Christian is indeed a great man, passionate about Ferrari cars, a great photographer and aslo devoted to share them with us.

You, on the other hand, are only complaining.
    You are a bratty little boy, enjoying the passenger seat of your daddy's #20 599XX and are not sharing a single bit of info, feedback, experience or anything at all.

Thank you Christian for the pictures. The last #22 is stunning !

18. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    L'argent remplace le respect la vrais valeur de la vie, mais pour certain la vrais valeur de la vie est l'argent, beaucoup parlent de la fin du monde mais moi je pense qu'on y est déjà vu le comportement de certaine personnes

19. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    dis moi, ça ne te va pas de jouer le "sac de sable" dans le 22...

Tu vas prendre le temps de lire et ensuite on en discute hors forum, histoire de ne pas ennuyer les autres, T as compris!

http://www.photographe-professionnel.fr/respect-mention-droits.html

je mettrai des photos du 22 avec mon copyright, comme ça toi et moi nous resterons d'accord. débat clos.
    Voillla...

20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    #121 amenasce, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    Tu signales quoi mon pauvre? Il avait l'accreditation media, donc il avait tous les droits de faire les photos. Tu ne peux que signaler que tu es un petit ado bien arrogant et qui ferait mieux de se taire car on n'a pas de patience pour des petits peteux.

Si tu as pris les photos de Christian sans son autorisation, lui a le droit de t'ordonner de les effacer de ton site car il en possede les droits.

A bon entendeur.

21. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    désolant d'être obligé de preciser ce style de chose sur un site ou normallement seuls des amoureux de la marque sont réunis pour partager cette passion! consternant.

Continu chritian!

22. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    #123 Christian.Fr, Aug 25, 2010
  23. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    #124 Christian.Fr, Aug 25, 2010
    Enfin ce message pour les Amis, les inconditionels de la marque, ceux pour qui le cavallino
    veut dire autre chose que les mots: luxe, égo, image de soit.

Lui a sans doute besoin d un Ferrari pour se sentir un homme, moi pas!

Bref à tous ceux là, je vous offre cette simple photo celle d'une F40.

24. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Merci Christian. Belle photo d'une superbe voiture.

I had the pleasure of sitting in an F40 last week and following it on the road for about 40 kms. What an experience. The sound, the looks ... still is and always will be a SuperFerrari, admired by true enthusiasts.

Please keep showering us with your great pictures Christian because you have a lot of hungry fans out there ;)