599GTB with F40 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

599GTB with F40

Discussion in '612/599' started by blackwood, Feb 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Huh, I wasn't talking to you....

2. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Nope, it makes the F40 look very dated.... :)

3. nejcdolinsek

nejcdolinsek Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    My sentiments exactly :)

4. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    #154 racerx, Feb 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    #155 racerx, Feb 17, 2006
  6. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Made zero sense....

7. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    I was thinking exactly the same thing!

8. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Be careful...calling it cow dung may be a compliment! Shame on Ferrari. The more I look at it, I get disgusted.

9. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    #159 furmano, Feb 17, 2006
    At least the door/window shape looks good. I can't think of a Toyota, Nissan, Aston Martin, etc. that has a door shape that looks this good. I guess that's what you would call faint praise.

Regardless, put me in the "thumbs up" column. It's no testarossa, but I think it's an improvment on the 575.

-F
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Since everyone is proudy stating their opposing opinions on the 599, and since there have been a few commenting on the side-by-side with the F40, may I venture an opinion question??? Is there anyone out there besides me that A: Has never warmed to the F40 and B: Thinks this side-by-side demonstrates just how far Ferrari has come and how far superior the 599 is to the F40 in every respect???

11. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

I agree....I love the F40, but the 599 has its performance and can be used daily.

12. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003

copy, based on, not original, etc. ...................................... imo

a break from the ferrari low wide angular style.

13. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

Clearly, you need to see an opthamologist. But to each his own. LOL

Forza,

Cavallini

14. kerbie

kerbie Formula Junior

Jul 2, 2004
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kevin Carbotte
    I'm really liking the design. I've never been a fan on the 550/575. Its always lacked something in my eyes. This car is a big improvement, yet it is not what I would imagine for Ferrari. I guess thats why I prefer Lamborghini.

15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    #165 134282, Feb 17, 2006
    Thanks for sticking up for the Enzo, Cavallini... :)

Also, it appears the 599 GTB Fiorano will come equipped (or be optioned) with front parking sensors as well (as seen in the picture below)...

When I first saw the drawings Ferrari released, I thought it was a joke; I thought someone made some hideous photochop of a car and made the background and digital look of the picture similar to Ferrari...
    ...then I saw a picture of a real 599 (W.S.Speer's shot of a Grigio Silverstone 599 outside the factory) and I almost shat myself... Ferrari's drawings almost seem silly now - I mean, I'm asking myself, 'what were they thinking?!?'...!

The 599 GTB Fiorano is looking better and better everytime I see a picture of it and those wheels are really growing on me... Real pictures are far better than digital drawings... And just like the Enzo, no matter how much you like or dislike something, you must wait until you see it in person to pass final judgment... I loved every picture I ever saw of an Enzo, but when I saw one in the flesh for the first time (S/N 131242, black/red), it was religious... I think everyone should reserve their final judgments - whether negative or positive - until they see one in the flesh...

Now, between Bobafett and Frefan, who will be easier to convince that the wheels should be all black...? :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies

I don't think people bolster their credibility as enthusiasts when they make these "looks like" comments. My grandma can't see the difference, I would hope you could. A front-mid engined 2 seater is going to take a basic shape, that is pretty unavoidable. From there the difference is in the details. You share 98% of your genetic makeup with a Chimpanzee. 2% goes a long way, and it is what people familiar with the subject tend to appreciate.

17. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Seeing as how I have been wearing holes in my knees begging to get on the list that doesn't exist to spend very stupid money for this car, I'm probably not objective.

But a car that is just only a half-a-step away from an Enzo, a car that will blow the doors off the eventual F430 Stradale when it comes out (not to mention a 360 Stradale), a car that, at the same time, you could drive your grandmother to church, chuck me.

Some of us fantasize about em, some of us talk bout em, some of us just drive em to titty bars, and some of us DRIVE these mofos!

Dale

PS I kinda like the way it looks.

18. nejcdolinsek

nejcdolinsek Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    I wholeheartedly agree! Check out post #79

19. napoleon

napoleon Karting

Dec 23, 2005
    That are challenge rims, right?
    So if the "standard" ones, maybe the ones with the star shape, are 19" front rims and 20" in the back, what about the challenge ones??
    Maybe 20 front and back as they made on the 612?

20. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I have said it before and I'll say it again, Ferrari's new styling SUCKS!!!

The F40 makes the 599 look like Ferrari's version of an SUV. The more I see the 599 the uglier is gets. Yeah, yeah, yeah, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But, some of you are looking through beer glasses, cause you must be drunk if you think the 599 looks better than a F40. Since Ferrari is doing such radical changes to the design there is one more thing they need to change. They need to take the horse off the back off the 599 and replace it with a donkey.

21. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Why are you so mad?
    Don't buy the thing if you don't like it so much,there is plenty of others happy to hand their $$$ to Ferrari in order to get one.
    You can rant all you want,the car is here,will sell out and will become another classic ,regardless of your opinion.

22. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    You have a right to your opinion, but you don't have to be insulting to those that do not agree with you. It could very easily be said that it is you that "must be drunk" to not see the classic lines of the 599.

Besides, not sure why the F40 is being compared to the 599, mid vs rear engine cars are not likely to have the same design elements.

23. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Leave it to you to speak the words of wisdom! Well said C.

24. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

I'll defend the Enzo anytime, my friend. I think people don't understand the level of artistry that it took to execute a form that complex yet beautifully proportioned in the classic Ferrari sense.

And you're absolutely right, live shots and in the flesh views make ALL the difference, especially with recent models, beginning with the 360.

Forza,

Cavallini