599GTB with F40 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

599GTB with F40

Discussion in '612/599' started by blackwood, Feb 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
    there's no doubt new ferraris are designed in the wind tunnel, is there?
    I'll take late the 1940's-1980's any day.

That design is ok for the 4-seater, but it's good to have a significant difference in styling between the 2-seater and 4-seater, IMHO, of course. The 599 reminds me a little too much of the orange car in the "fast and the furious"

2. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
  3. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Wow, they both have 4-wheels and windows!

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Not to hijack, but for me, what separates the Enzo from everything else is that, aside from it's stunning, flawless, unearthly appearance, there are no bad angles on the car... I've tried to look at the car from every conceivable angle and I love everything I see from every perspective... It's just the most amazingly beautiful creation the world will ever know.

Nej, thanks for the hi-res pictures...!!!

5. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
    aww c'mon.....you're in the "design field"

6. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    First they said the 360 Modena looked like a Supra and now you are saying the 599 looks like a Supra .... hmmmm ... does that mean the 599 looks like a 360 ??

What's with people and this Supra stuff? Every time a Supra is posted against ANY Ferrari, it really accentuates how beauty challenged the Supra is.

G

7. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I definitely don't think that the 360 looks like a supra. In fact, my next Ferrari is likely to be a 360 spyder. Personally, I don't see the parallel between the two designs.

However, push the 599's cabin back a few millimeters and decrease the front overhang by the same amount and Voila! I see a match! Please don't be offended, I have nothing against Ferrari. Most new car designs are lacking. That's my point.

8. WarrenF355

WarrenF355 Formula 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Newburgh, IN
    Full Name:
    Warren M. Rogers
    the roofline and windowline are similar, but there is a basic need in all cars, to have an accomodating interior with large windows, better to see the you through.

I think it's freaking beautiful, and have to second that when a Supra and a Ferrari are compared, it shows just how ugly the Supra really is, relatively.

9. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

I never thought the Supra was ugly, it was just plain. And clearly it was an effort by Toyota to emulate Ferrari, so it shouldn't be a surprise that there's a resemblance. It's the same with recent Corvettes. The imitation is plain as day and clearly intentional, and there's nothing wrong with Corvette, Toyota or Honda emulating Ferrari. It would be another thing if Lamborghini or Porsche emulated Ferrari.

Having said that, it in no way resembles any Ferrari, except in the most basic requirements of a sports coupe.

People need glasses, bifocals or coke bottles.

Forza,

Cavallini

10. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    As a stock package, the 599 should be much better overall than the F40, considering the decades between them. However, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the F40 in a straight line with its 124 mph trap speed and 201 mph top speed. Especially once you consider the 2500 lb weight does NOT mean you can't upgrade the turbos for 700+ HP in the F40 as has been done in racing versions. Fully upgraded/modernized, the F40 even with stock HP would be still be a threat to nearly anything and it wouldn't matter how much HP you give the 599, the F40's light weight would remain an advantage.

11. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    MKIV Supras can definitely be beautiful IMO with tasteful aftermarket wheels/suspension, like this one:

[​IMG]

I think basically no car really holds a candle to Ferrari for beauty, but the Supra is attractive to me and from certain angles you can definitely see some 550 in the roofline, as well as the new 599. There is also a certain resemblance the Aston Martin DB7 in the front end and rear. Toyota copied these highly desirable designs to an extent, can't blame them for that.

12. GiB_@!

GiB_@! Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2005
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Indeed, they are often only called ugly because they are regarded as the very definition of rice.