599XX owners | Page 3 | FerrariChat

599XX owners

Discussion in '612/599' started by jikmik, Jun 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John.D

John.D Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2009
    France
    great web site, but I have see more of my realisation in scale 1/18

2. 2jzjdm

2jzjdm Rookie

Mar 23, 2012
    nice colors .. does anybody know the paint code/name for #21 and #22? thanks

3. vegas

vegas Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Australia
    +1. Insurance must be through the roof!

4. vegas

vegas Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Australia
    Man -up!

5. V-Spec

V-Spec Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2010
    Full Name:
    J
    Nice list, mate.

Where did you guys all of these info anyway?

6. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    #77 Koos van Merksteijn
    Last year his son Jan-Bart crashed the 599XX heavily.

7. V-Spec

V-Spec Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2010
    Full Name:
    J
    Any picture?

8. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Wrong question.

Right question would be, "was he unhurt?"

Answer: yes he was ok

Side issue: the car is fixed.

We love cars not gawking on unfortunate moments

9. pravda

pravda Formula 3

Sep 19, 2006
    Valladolid
    Full Name:
    Pablo
    All of these car were at Finali Mondiali in Spain in 2009 and 2010.

Pablo.

10. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    BTW, Mr. Medhus is not going to on the #5 XX this year. He payed a license to be co-driver last year, Mr. Olafsen is the owner.

11. freedomgli

freedomgli Karting

Sep 20, 2005
    Washington, DC
    I spotted some pics of this car on another forum (see links below) accompanied by the description, "Never raced..." Which led me to think, "What value will these cars have in the future?" As much as I love the car, I can't help but think that the car's ultimate value and appeal will be limited by the fact that in the grand scheme of things the 599XX is little more than a marketing exercise.

The 599XX is essentially a track day toy built for well-heeled and well-connected customers to feel like they're a part of Ferrari's motorsports program. The problem is it falls short of being the "real deal" as the cars are only competing amongst themselves, and as such, they will forever lack the glory of true competition. While I'm sure there will always be buyers for used 599XX, once the novelty wears off and Ferrari offers something new, the 599XX will descend into relative mediocrity like so many used V8 Challenge cars before it.

I know that past performance is no guarantee of future results, but I think it's safe to say that the most valuable Ferraris will continue to be those that are both usable by amateurs (strike against all the modern F1 cars) and have significant racing provenance (strike against the 599XX and FXX). As such, I think a car like the F430 GTC with the right history (or perhaps a 458 GT3 if it starts winning some races and championships) would be a much better buy.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/599xxxxxxxxxxxxxx2.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/599xxxxxxxxxxxxxx7.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/599xxxxxxxxxxxxxx8.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/599xxxxxxxxxxxxxx10.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/599xxxxxxxxxxxxxx11.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/599xxxxxxxxxxxxxx12.jpg/

12. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Of course it will be valuable, it's a technological marvel and masterpiece. Just like interest for concept cars and dummies at auctions. Ferrari's don't have to have been raced to earn their name. It's different from the Challenge cars because they have been produced in very high numbers, and basically delivered to customers and teams to do what they want with them, which makes very few of them actual works cars. Ferrari has held a very strict control on the XX programs, which will make the cars valuable, not to mention they have been produced in very limited numbers. One does not purchase an XX solemnly for the car, it's the experience, much like the SP cars. The 599XX was never ment to be a race series, but a technological R&D platform, where the lucky few who could afford it would be "test pilots developing the next generation of GT Ferrari's". If there isn't any glory in being part of that, then someone will have to redefine the word glory to me...

13. freedomgli

freedomgli Karting

Sep 20, 2005
    Washington, DC
    You do have a very valid point regarding the low production volume. Unfortunately for me, there are far too many people these days looking to sink their investment dollars into Ferraris, thus driving the price up. Even if I think it's not a good value, I'm sure someone else with the means to acquire one will disagree with me!

14. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    On that point, I agree with you too. Way to many people purchase a Ferrari today expecting it to almost be an investment of a lifetime, like very few models from the past have seen a massive appreciaton. (250s, 275, 288GTO, F40, Enzo to mention a few). I think the only exception from the 2000-era is the SP models (inc. SA Aperta) as well as the 550 Barchetta and 16M Spider, and momentarily 599 GTO purely because it is a novelty. Ferrari's are being mass-produced like never before, and the heritage from each model is lost with the increase in technological advances. Thus making a 458 produced today much more of a precision machine and instrument han a car from the previous decade, which was in a much higher degree a work of art IMHO. "Normal" Ferrari's have never appreciated in price, except those from the very beginning. Just look at the 308, 328, 330, 512, 348, F355, 550, 575 etc. and with the increase in production numbers this is unlikely to ever change.

15. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    As an XX owner, I find it interesting to note how many people equate the car with appreciating or depreciating value. I cannot think of one time when this has been an issue of discussion between us. We are fortunate to be able to have such a car and we simply enjoy the privilege.

As to the comparison to a Challenge car, well, the point is that if one agreed with your argument then one would have bought 3 or 4 challenge cars for the cost of the XX!

The XX is a window of technology and the participation that we the owners have had in the development of the Evo package is proof of the seriousness of the programme.

Most of us are starting a new 2 year programme, but there will always be some who move on. The last XX that was sold (that I know of) made list price.

By the way, an FXX has turned out to be a good investment for those who bought them new, but again most bought them for the privilege and the pleasure.

16. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    What you miss with this post is that not everyone lives life trying to attach values to everything, life is about experiences, some of which can be quantified and others not, I think based on reading the posts of our XX owners here that the whole programme offers something unique and special and the car is just a cherry on what is a very rich cake.

17. chouch

chouch Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2008
    So when are we going to see the #27 evo'ed ?

18. ferrarikraemer

ferrarikraemer Karting

Sep 18, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Bo Kræmer
    And another question for Mr. Mann: Who decides which number to be used on the different cars? The owners or Ferrari...?

19. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Even though I'm not Mr. Mann I think I can help answering your question. I believe clients can choose numbers themselves. I know of one owner, who has the same number on his speedboat and other cars which I believe he acquired before getting an XX. I think for over €1million, Ferrari will let you choose numbers as long as it hasen been taken. ;)

20. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Monza, 09 may.

21. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    The owner in all circumstances - unless the number has been already taken EXCEPT for an F1 car which must carry the livery and number that it raced under. If a T car then the owner can choose the number/name of those who drove it. For eg: a 2004 T car driven by both Schumacher and Barichello can be named and numbered either Schumacher or Barichello and 1 or 2 at the owner's desire. However, if that T car was only driven by Barichello,mthen it must be named and numbered accordingly.

22. mitoand9

mitoand9 Rookie

May 12, 2013
    Genova
    Anyone has some more information on the #55? If the owner is racing with it, if yes in what "series", where it is kept, anything would be appreciated. Thx

23. jikmik

jikmik Karting

Nov 14, 2008
    Denmark , Naestved
    Full Name:
    Jimmy
    The 599XX #55 is driven in the Corse Clienti to the Ferrari Racing Days and private test together with others 599XX and FXX. The drivers / owners is from Peru and USA. If you want more information just send me a private message

24. mitoand9

mitoand9 Rookie

May 12, 2013
    Genova
    thx a lot!