599XX Pics | Page 3 | FerrariChat

599XX Pics

Discussion in '612/599' started by modena, Mar 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Davpuxitri

Davpuxitri Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2007
    "While based on the 599 GTB Fiorano with the same transaxle layout and engine type, this prototype is an extreme track car. Ferrari's engineers have carried out extensive work on the engine's combustion chambers and inlet and exhaust tracts. These modifications, combined with the fact that internal attrition has been reduced and the maximum revs have been boosted to 9,000 rpm, helped achieve the target power output of 700 hp at 9,000 rpm. Particular attention was also paid to cutting the weight of the engine unit components. This was achieved both by optimising forms - as in the new crankshaft - and adopting exclusive materials, as in the carbon-fibre used for the intake plenums. A new gearbox shift strategy cuts overall gearchange times to 60 ms.

The 599XX is characterised by an innovative electronic concept called the "High Performance Dynamic Concept" which has been designed to get the maximum performance from the car by managing the combination of the car's mechanical limits with the potential of its electronic controls. The mechanical and electronic systems work together to get the maximum performance from the car under extreme high performance driving, for consistent lap times. The sporty handling has been improved thanks to the adoption of second generation SCM suspension system. Track usage is also made easier thanks to the new "virtual car engineer", a screen in the car that provides a real-time indication of the vehicle's efficiency.

The 599XX's aerodynamics were honed in numerous wind tunnel test sessions with the result that the car now boasts 280 kg of downforce at 200 km/h (630 kg at 300 km/h). The front underside of the body is completely faired-in and the vents that channel hot air from the engine bay have been moved to the bonnet.

The "Actiflow" system increases downforce and/or cuts drag depending on the car's trim cornering conditions, courtesy of the use of a porous material in the diffuser and two fans in the boot which channel the air flow from under the car out through two grilles next to the tail-lights. Winglets have been added to the rear buttresses to increase downforce. while synthetic jets have also been incorporated into the rear of the car to control and smooth the air flow and to reduce drag.
    Ferrari's engineers have also used F1-derived "doughnuts" which partly cover the brake discs and wheel rim. These have the dual function of improving both aerodynamics and brake cooling.

In terms of the bodywork, composites and carbon-fibre have been widely used and the engineers drew on their experience in working with aluminium to reach the weight target. The development of increasingly high-performance materials has also benefited the carbon-ceramic material braking system. The brake pads are now made from carbon-fibre which means that the calipers are smaller whilst guaranteeing the same efficiency. The new racing carbon ceramic braking system also delivers shorter braking distances and is generally more efficient due to the weight saving.

The 599XX comes with slick tyres (29/67 R19 Front and 31/71 R19 Rear) specifically developed to maximise stability in cornering and increase lateral acceleration. They are fitted to 19 x 11J wheel rims at the front and 19 x 12J at the rear."

2. blackenzo

blackenzo Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Peter C
  3. Evolution

Evolution Karting

Aug 10, 2008
    i wonder if the kit is available for the 599, i like most of it but not the "wings" definitly..

4. marakji

marakji Karting

Aug 19, 2007
    sorry, looks like a Mansory job... FUGLY!

5. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

Unlike Mansory these bits are not just looks...

6. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    How many are they making?

-G.B.

7. Dino Scuderia

Dino Scuderia Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2005
    Southeast US

8. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    I spoke to Ferrari about building a 599 GT1 car during summer 2006.........

9. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    Standard FXX, not FXX Evo..........

10. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    It does look good.

But who needs two XX cars, when you can have an F430 GTC instead........??!!

11. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    Oh man that looks sick

12. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    OMGG>..i think i have a new favorite.

13. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Ditto that. I do think about mounting a Prodrive 550 engine into one of those Lola chassis, adding a P 4/5 body and running the 24 in LMP 1 even though I wouldn't have much of a chance but it would bring back a touch of the old days... Kind of what Aston Martin is doing. I wanted to drop a P 4/5 body onto one of the MCC's and run but the ACO rules don't allow the MCC.

The Spirit of NART lives.

14. andric

andric Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    or all 3...

15. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Hey, use the FXX motor in an old Pug coupe/R10 chassis, use P bodywork. Will ACO allow alcohol based fuels?
    Maybe a hybrid/ethanol burning FXX powered Lola. Call it the Spirits of NART :)
    How many race hours can they get out of an FXX Evo engine?

16. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Whoa very cool. Can't wait to hear one of these beasts.

17. rosso.corsa

rosso.corsa Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 19, 2008
    Toronto/Markham
    Full Name:
    J Dhillon
    Cool...can't wait to see what it is like on the track!

18. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    Well if your done with the FXX..... Can i have it?

Just a thought.

19. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #69 Napolis, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The winds of the old days will blow through your hair...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    any information from Ferrari spa regarding the forecasted cost for an 599xx program (car plus maintenance plus two years campaign plus....)?

I am rather sure that such info is already available!

21. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Quelques Fchatters a qui on a propose la voiture ont cite un prix d'1M (euros ou dollars..je ne sais pas). Juste pour la voiture.

Je prefere une F40 LM et une inscription dans le challenge historique bientot ! Ou une 550 Prodrive..

22. cornercompacts

cornercompacts Karting
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2005
    CT
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    ^^ ohh boy, would love to see this

23. 68rcodemustang

68rcodemustang Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Houston Texas