60's Muscle cars pricing | FerrariChat

60's Muscle cars pricing

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by mustgofaster, Jul 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mustgofaster

mustgofaster Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    West Lakeland, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark
    We all know that values on muscle cars of the 60's have really shot up. What are your thoughts on the 76-82 Trans Am's? In 10 years do you think values will start to go up 3-4 times based on current values? Which year/engine should be the best investment? Thanks for your thoughts in advance!

2. You can count on the Trans ams from 69 to 81 going up. I have seen them rise for several years. The best besides the earlier cars & Super Duty is going to be the 79 4 speed. Most of the 79's had the OLds 403, but the 4 speed cars came with the Pontiac 400, and were made in fewer numbers. Too many people wanted these cars when new, and even though production numbers are high, too many were destroyed. The 6.6 was discontinued after 79, and replaced with the lackluster 301 (4.9 L) and could be ordered with the turbo option. You can still get a deal, but it won't be for long.

3. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    I would think the '80 Turbo Trans Am would be a good bet for appreciation, of course, it wasn't a really well-known one, so only time will tell if it will actually catch on or not.

4. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Dang, I had a chance to buy a '79 4-speed in 1988.

Of course, I was 18 at the time, so it probably woudn't have made it until today.