60th Anniversary of Ferrari in America Event -Oct 12 in Beverly Hills - Who's Going? | Page 17 | FerrariChat

60th Anniversary of Ferrari in America Event -Oct 12 in Beverly Hills - Who's Going?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by TrojanFan, Sep 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    This.
    As a non FCA member, invited to drive my GT4 there and see some fantastic historical cars, meet some new people and meet some F-Chatters, I thought it was great. Perfect? No, but it cost me nothing to attend except fuel.

2. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    #402 vvassallo, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yep that one was mine. :) Here it is with more pictures from the day.
    Checking in at The Grove - what a clusterfk
    Camden
    Rodeo
    LM cars
    Peter, look who's pushing this race car in the parade?!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    #403 vvassallo, Oct 13, 2014
  4. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
  5. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    Hey Vince "Stooges" to the rescue!

besides I had to get in the parade somehow!

6. fullmonty

fullmonty Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2007
    LALAland
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Parked on the roof "secured" parking with thirty+ other Fcars. Went down to enjoy the gathering, had a bite to eat and came back within 1.5 hrs. and found my car surrounded by Hondas, Minivans etc., moved the car to Camden Dr. and never looked back. My son and I had a great time, enjoyed the cars, crowds, sites and sounds. No regrets.

Thank you Ferrari for building these dream machines and to Beverly Hills and Ferrari for putting on the event, even with the logistical mishaps.

7. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Opps, changed it to public.

8. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Video I took of the 275 GTB/C Speciale running. Phone mic does this no justice but it was incredible to hear it in person.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al7dSf5be4I]Ferrari 275 GTB Competizione Speciale - YouTube[/ame]

9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Special thanks MUST go to Bruce A. Meyer and to David A. Sydorick, both very active car collectors and Ferrari enthusiasts and also successfull businessmen in Beverly Hills. These two pioneers were the main brains behind this event.

Marcel Massini

10. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    I let Ferrari know some like me felt disconnected and got an email back within minutes.
    All the people we know and love salvaged the day.

Epic cars just the event had disconnect with some of owners Chiara replied within minutes.

11. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Too many Hondas and minivans!
    It is terrible when spectators like yourself feel disconnected

12. skullyspice

skullyspice Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2013
    L A
    Full Name:
    erik
    #413 skullyspice, Oct 14, 2014
  13. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    I read here there was coverage on Extra which I missed seeing or recording. A video camera was practically shoved in my drivers window which I assumed was press or FNA video or something as we passed under the arch. Does anyone have a line on any of the video coverage that was shot?

14. Dino246gts

Dino246gts Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2006

Do a Google or YouTube search on "Ferrari 60th"

15. skyhigh

skyhigh Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    SoCal
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsvnKYTveuQ]Two LaFerrari's in Beverly Hills - YouTube[/ame]

16. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
  17. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    My email to the FCA:

Hi Anna, Greg,

Do you know what happened? I came into town from Chicago for the 60th Anniversary party on Rodeo. I had my 512M delivered there so I can display the car as I was told that's what's going to take place. Initially getting to the meeting place at the Grove where there were no signs took some time as no one knew where to go. People were driving in circles. Once there it took some time to sort things out. Very unorganized. Once we got to the location of the even we were NOT allowed to park the cars on Canon street (I was told these spots have been reserved). Had to take them to some parking garage. Seriously!! Complete let down. To top it all off just 1/4 of Canon's two long blocks that were isolated to display the cars were filled with cars! 3/4's remained empty of cars. No other 512m is sight by the way any where in and around the entire even except the one that was mine hidden in the parking lot along with tons of other important cars. While you had 348 TS's galore parked on Canon, some very rare and important cars sat in the parking garage out of view!!. Very Sad really...

Gene Berns
    FCA Memeber

18. julian355

julian355 Karting

Mar 12, 2005
    orange county
    Full Name:
    julian
  19. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    I think you have Canon mixed up with Camden - the archway with the counter was on Camden. From what I understand about 100 spots on Camden were reserved for "regulars", and the remaining spots on Camden were for most of the 60-car parade cars, as they finished the parade on Camden - a select few of those 60 cars continuing on to park on Rodeo.

20. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    It would have been a beyond belief showing of force if all the cars were parked on the street for all to enjoy.

Missed opportunity for sure.

:)

21. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    FCA actively solicited Ferrari owners to ship or drive their cars to BH for this event. they set a goal of 1,000 cars (and I'm pretty sure that was met if they counted the cars that just parked on the side streets). Yet knowing they wanted 1,000 cars they did not plan for 1,000 cars. We were not just spectators as someone suggested we thought we were part of the "show"

So us owners where duped into spending money to ship or drive or fly the cars yet FCA had not thought how this event would make us (the owners feel). Sure there were cool cars there even some parked in an out of the way undrivable public garage with NO security. Knowing FNA as I know it they had little or no involvement in this cluster ****. FCA should apologize to all of us that waited 45 minutes to get a pin and directions to Camden then told to park in a lot that none of us would ever choose for our cars.

Oh, and thanks for the popcorn!

22. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Eric,

I'm so sorry that I didn't know you were at the event. Would have loved to catch up with you. I saw so many Fchatters. Hope all is well with you and your family. :)

23. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    #424 Finitele, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    Thank you for the whine with that cheese.

We need to start writing letters of appreciation

24. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Callahan: Don't be mad at FCA; their job, as I understand it, was to get people signed up. The event belonged to FNA, and the logistics were up to them. And yes, I do believe that Bruce and David did a monumental amount of work, and we should all thank them.