612 adding heated seats | FerrariChat

612 adding heated seats

Discussion in '612/599' started by QtrItalian, Mar 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    As I look around for a potential 612 I wanted to ask if anyone has had success in adding heated seats to a car without them. I know finding a desired spec is the best idea. Still I wonder is this plausible with purchasing the OEM parts or via an after-market source? My read of numerous posts here doesn't seem to show convincing evidence it has been done (within reasonable cost) but wanted to check. Thanks!

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Just curious, but where are you located, and how many times would you drive a 612 in temperatures around freezing?

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I can only imagine this wld not be worth the headache.

4. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    I'm in the SE but may relocate. I find them comfortable in the mornings. I can do without lane change assist, back-up cameras, ventilated seats and keyless entry but might miss these...

5. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I’m not aware of anyone who’s done it, though it had to be possible (whether or not the effort would make it worthwhile is another matter).

Seat heating is fine by the seat ecu, which is installed in the base of each seat. I would hazard a guess that it’s got the hardware built in to control a heating element , but you’d have to really strip the seat down to get the heating element installed. The switch and element could be had from a Maserati QP of the same era.

You may also need some coding of the body ecu, with proxy alignment to the instrument cluster, as the display indicates when the heating is active or not.

I tend to agree with Ricky, that it’s probably not worth the hassle. The other thing is that heated seats in 612’s have a habit of switching on by themselves, making them pretty annoying sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Camp Freddie and QtrItalian like this.
  6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yep that happens in my 612. in my FF its the ventilation setting - finally having it fixed after 10 years

7. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I added non-factory heated seats to a 2006 911 awhile back ... it wasn't much to do it, the dealer's leather subcontractor just pulled the bottom covers, installed the heaters under the leather and wired a little toggle switch to turn them on an off. $500 or so. If you don't actually put the toggle into the side of the seat itself, it would be unnoticeable -- provided the leather shop was good at what they are doing. You could run it to the dash, or hide it inside the armrest, or whatever.

Of course, a 2006 911 isn't a Ferrari ;)