612 battery charger plug | Page 2 | FerrariChat

612 battery charger plug

Discussion in '612/599' started by TrojanFan, Jan 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Okay, a plug that fits the early 612 Charger plug has been found. Im going to be wiring it to a CTEK plug to see if i can get the original plug system to work with my CTEK charger.

A big thanks to Skidkid for locating the plug. If it works, should run about $45 for the parts. Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. superdoug

superdoug Rookie

Feb 12, 2016
    Fife, Scotland
    Full Name:
    Douglas G
    How did you get on? Did you get the indication on the dash working too?

3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Pretty easy to get the indicator to work. Basically the cable housing bridges the 12V supply to a pin that causes the display to light (looped over). I posted some links to this for the 599. That thread has the pinout for the 599; it is probably the same for the 612.

superdoug likes this.
  4. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
  5. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Anyone figure out the pinout for the 612 and early F430? I found the +, - but then the third pin blows the fuse if connected to 12v

FIN612 likes this.
  6. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    @TrojanFan did you find the 3 pin or 4 pin cable pinout? Trying to create a cord for the Zivan charger.

7. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yes I found it online. Just never go around to making the ctek adapter. I should get around to doing that.

8. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    @TrojanFan Could you share what you found? I am looking to re-create the ~70" long cable that goes from the four pin (aviation style) Zivan port to the 3 pin Ferrari plug.

9. superdoug

superdoug Rookie

Feb 12, 2016
    Fife, Scotland
    Full Name:
    Douglas G
    Hi All,

I have just bought the plug and tested ready to install onto my ctek charger. The Amphenol plug pins are marked A, B and C. A is the 12V from the battery. B is Ground (0V) and C is the sense connection.
    If there is no 12V on A you need to check the 15A fuse (F29) above the battery.
    I ordered from DigiKey in the USA. The plugs arrived pretty quickly. I had to order 2, so have an extra kit, if anyone needs one send me a PM.

10. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    #35 Sj_engr, Oct 9, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
    Do you just leave the sense disconnected for the C-tek connection since two wire?

I've re-created a cable for the original Zivan charger and a spare if anyone is interested.

11. superdoug

superdoug Rookie

Feb 12, 2016
    Fife, Scotland
    Full Name:
    Douglas G
    You could leave disconnected, or you could join A and C with a link.

brogenville likes this.
  12. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    #37 Sj_engr, Oct 9, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
    Does your adapter show the status of charging on the dash and block the starter?

13. superdoug

superdoug Rookie

Feb 12, 2016
    Fife, Scotland
    Full Name:
    Douglas G
    #38 superdoug, Oct 10, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
    @Sj_engrYes is works. The cables on my Ctek were a little large for the pins, that was my only difficulty. I had to use a smaller wire for the link. It is only pulling in a relay. You can hear it energise.
    When I was testing with my meter, B was clearly ground and A was the 12V. Testing between A and C there was approximately 60 Ohms, so I was confident that was the relay coil. What were you getting when testing the 430?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

rynoshark and Skidkid like this.
  14. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    I ended up adding a CTEK pigtail directly behind the driver seat.

This thread did help me build two Zivan replacement cables.

superdoug likes this.
  15. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    As @superdoug noted, it does work and it shows on the dash. The info posted in the past is what I used to build a couple of adapters for my car, they work perfectly. He is also correct about the wire size and the pins, inconvenient but manageable and using a smaller wire for the 'connected' signal makes it a lot easier.

superdoug likes this.