612 LOOKING GOOD!!!! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

612 LOOKING GOOD!!!!

Discussion in '612/599' started by Mako99, Mar 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    1994 was not that long ago,355 was initially criticized for being just an evolution of the 308/348.
    But if you were in Elementary school at the time you may not remember that.

2. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    if you are "purist" heaven help the future of performance cars....childish name calling is not an effective or intelligent way to argue....some people do not have ability to think logically!!!!

3. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Well I'm not comparing the 360 to the C4 or C2 which are 50% less am I????

Thank you for the biggest laugh of my day!

To state the obvious I'm talking abt the GT3, TT which are still considerably less. Or the GT2.

And Scyle why dont you get that chip of your shoulder. Just because you dont like the looks of the gallardo there's no reason to be a prick about it!

And while where talking about people with half a brain - u missed a t:

"and i though"

:)

4. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Don't worry, F430 saves all :D

5. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    O yes it does jimmy, yes it does.

6. I have seen it in person it looks great with different wheels it would look perfect.

7. Maseroche

Maseroche Karting

Aug 10, 2004
    Bahrain
    Full Name:
    Khalid
    The 612 looks so much better in the flesh then in the pictures of a magazine.

8. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    I think there is not enough distinction for Ferrari to have a separate four-seat GT and two-set GT. They should offer a Stradale version of the 612 to appease the sporting GT crowd, then bring back a mid engine 12-cylinder supercar to compete directly with the Murcielago.

9. The 612 has enough power if they make a rear engine 12 it would be to much like the Enzo. The mid engine 12's are like a treat you only get 1 model. I think a highly powerd 575 replacement would be good though to get at the Murcialog.

10. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Scarlet, you have unconditional support from me. The 612 is sharp, period. It is not however, very photogenic because it's a large sophisticated shape. The angle means everything as far as photos are concerned. I've also noticed that it doesn't photograph as well inside as outside. It was not until I saw outside shots, especially the profile, that I saw the beauty and the line

It's amusing how knee-jerk so many people are based on photographs. Most of you probably said the Enzo was ugly because it was too extreme, not pretty enough. All based on photographs? Gentlemen, please. See it in person before you conclude. It is not a 575 or a 360. Ferrari's 2+2s have always been subdued compared to the two seaters.

I plan to own at least one 612, probably in Grigio Ingrio, the color of this thread's picture of interest. It is a GT that performs like a two-seater. One magazine, I believe it was CAR, said the 612 was a superior GT and sports car to the McMerc SLR. And in my book, it's much more attractive than the Byzantine SLR.

Forza,

Cavallini

11. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    I disagree. It could be a much less "extreme" model than the Enzo. It would/could be made of aluminum (not carbon fiber monocoque), be luxuriously equipped, and around 600 hp.

[Relatively] similar horsepower numbers do not guarantee the car will perform similarly, especially given the inevitable weight differences.

12. JonnyT

JonnyT Karting

Jan 21, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jean-Paul
    This is a car that you MUST see in person before rendering judgement. I was swaying to the 'ugly side' until I saw one in Monterey. Guys, this is a beautiful car...

13. bobmarley

bobmarley Karting

Sep 1, 2004
    I think the 612 is nice but considering its almost 2005, the 456 looked better when it arrived in north america in 1995 then the 612 looks now.

Frank