612 Luggage set corrosion problem: just me? | FerrariChat

612 Luggage set corrosion problem: just me?

Discussion in '612/599' started by Albert-LP, May 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    hi everybody, I got a preowned 612 suitcase, part of the original Schedoni luggage set, a big one. Like new outside with still factory seals on the zips. But inside the metal buckles and the metal rivets were all corroded, very badly. The lining inside was like new: Very likely never used. What the hell can be happened? I replaced all them with original spare parts (thanks to mr. Schedoni) but I'm a bit worried they will rust again: Did anyone here ever have such a problem?

Thank you very much

Ciao

2. aintveen

aintveen Rookie

Oct 22, 2015
    Duesseldorf/Germany
    Full Name:
    Andreas Intveen
    Hi,

I do not have such a problem, however I have a NOS 6 pcs set in Cuio to sell. You can find it on "ebayKleinanzeigen"

Andreas

3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thanks, Andreas. I don't need a full set, I just wanted one suitcase to have some of that model, as I'm a suitcases collector and I hadn't anything of that model. But may I ask you if your ones are Leather+Alcantara or just leather? I ask you this as in your pictures the suitcases look to have two different leather finish. Maybe you can post an high resolution picture here so it could be easeier to learn

ciao

PS: "Cuoio"

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. aintveen

aintveen Rookie

Oct 22, 2015
    Duesseldorf/Germany
    Full Name:
    Andreas Intveen
  5. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed