612 Mirror Glass Replacement | FerrariChat

612 Mirror Glass Replacement

Discussion in '612/599' started by 456 AMORTIZED, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 456 AMORTIZED

456 AMORTIZED Rookie

Feb 10, 2015
    So Bay
    Full Name:
    Al O.
    Looking for anybody who might have information/photos/how to on replacing the outside rear view mirror glass on my '05 612. Had a mishap with an uninsured motorist after the FCA Finish Line event in Westlake Village. I was stopped at a light in Manhattan Beach when a battered '90s Lincoln barreled down and made mirror to mirror contact. Luckily the only damage was the mirror glass which was launched to parts unknown. Tested all functions and everything else still works. I ordered the glass with defrost from South Bay Ferrari and it arrives Thursday. Service guys said that the tangs inside the mirror are good and should be an easy replacement. Problem is, I have not seen any pictures/threads depicting this operation or replacing the glass.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    My experience with a similar setup (not Ferrari) is that the replacement glass you are getting from the dealer has a plastic back shaped like the glass plus a round contraption - sometimes with tabs sticking out of it. That contraption (with or without tabs in your case) is then pressed into the corresponding ring shown in your picture until the new glass unit "snaps" in.

It's very intuitive, really, and it takes longer to explain than to do it. All in all this is a 20-second job: line up the two rings and press them into each other. Done.

3. SABOR AMI 612

SABOR AMI 612 Rookie

Aug 13, 2016
    That's it exactly. Plug in defrost wires, snaps right in.