612 OTO market values higher than FF | Page 10 | FerrariChat

612 OTO market values higher than FF

Discussion in '612/599' started by MoeD, Aug 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Have several - 2016 X5M, 2015 i8 and 2015 i3 as well. Still have the 612 but haven't seen it for 9 weeks. Been sitting in service at MAG waiting for someone who knows what the f*** to do with getting the file so that it will recognize the factory ferrari ipod option I installed a year ago. Such a joke. I literally haven't had the car in over 9 weeks! They are just sitting on it. Service advisor dragged their feet, then left the company, service manager took over, more of the same another month later. Pathetic...

2. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    #227 raider1968, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Thank you so much - I'm the luckiest person in the world - to be alive - had the ER Doc who saved my life - over for dinner with his wife who is also a DR - He told me that i was dead for 3-5 minutes but he worked on my for 5 1/2 hrs before sending me to a major trauma unit in Charlotte
    His only real question was how did I make it on 20 miles of mountain roads to the hospital - I told him I knew my life was riding on it

4. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #229 Bundy, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    John, glad you're doing better and are cancer free. Sounds like you might have been describing a Hughes flap for your eyelid. That's no walk in the park (I was formerly a full-time skin cancer surgeon for 17 years). Glad it's in the rear view. 👍🏼

Ferrari of Atlanta just sold the 2010 Cauley Bianco Fuji / Iroko 612 OTO for around $200,000 or slightly more (listed at $229K and previously discussed in this thread). MSRP over $390K.

In Spring 2015, I sold my 2009 Grigio Silverstone / Tera Bruciata 612 OTO with over almost 8,000 miles for $178K through F of Atlanta on the first day it was listed. Purchased it for $194K three years earlier with 1,800 miles from Boardwalk Ferrari. Highly spec'd (eg full leather trunk) by Ferrari as floor model for Ferrari store in Manhattan, where it sat for one year before being placed into service. MSRP $373K.

So, well spec'd OTO's seem to still bring $175-200K which is pretty steady for the past 2-3 years. I loved the looks of the 612, but fell in love with the FF's DCT and improved mechanicals / dynamic abilities. I also happen to love the FF's design, but my family uniformly did not so I waited a bit and bought an F12 instead. But, there are times when I still wish the 612 was in the garage, too. I keep making the mistake of selling relatively rare cars: first, a 6 speed gated manual F430 and then the 612 OTO.

Hard to find a bad choice among any of these modern era Ferraris. I agree with the earlier suggestions that originally unloved cars often carry the best appreciation potential due to the low sales / production numbers.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp and Flint Ironstag like this.
  5. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    almost looks like a twin to mine - grigio silverstone / iroko / CF. that 2010 you mentioned that just sold had the identical interior to mine

Bundy likes this.
  6. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Looks very close to mine except mine is 08 and Gerigo Ferro exterior/Iroko w/carbon fibre trim but I don't have the leather trunk. I never saw your car in Spring of 2015 when I was looking for mine. Had I seen it I would have jumped on it. Very nice car I have a minor preference for Silverstone over Gerigo Ferro but I am very happy with my car.

Was the trunk hard to keep from scuffing or did you ever use it much?

7. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #232 Bundy, Jul 1, 2016
    Your 612's sound beautiful. The Iroko interior in the F of A 612 OTO was gorgeous. IIRC, the floorwells had Grigio Scuro carpet or alcantara, as did my 612. The Ferrari grays pair so well with the darker browns. I also think Iroko looks great with Bianco, as in the BF 612 and the 458 spider example below. I am thinking of pairing Iroko with Bianco on my 488 GTB next year.

My new (to me) F12 is Grigio Ferro, and it and GS are definitely on my short list of favorites, especially for the GT cars.

The leather trunk held up remarkably well, and I used it but also babied it. There are slightly raised rubber strips which helped keep items off the leather. I also sometimes placed a padded quilt around heavier items that might slide around.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

vcappp likes this.
  8. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Could we see pictures of your F12 - love that car

9. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Will do, John, over on the F12 section. Waiting for a dry day so my daughter can take quality close up shots. She's a much better photographer than me!

10. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    John, I added pics to Ian's original thread on the F12 board. :)

11. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo

Amazing f12. Thanks for sharing.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

12. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Unbelievable - drop dead on - congrats!

13. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    It's interesting to me, given the prices mentioned in this thread (and only about 6 months ago) that Mike Sheehan is now advertising an OTO for $129,500. Is that a bargain, or is that really the going price these days?

14. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #239 Bundy, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Donv,

Do you have a link for the Sheehan example? I couldn't find it.

It seems that Ferrari prices may be softening across several models. It's apparent in the price reductions and slowly moving inventory at some Ferrari dealer websites. I just got a call from an indie dealer offering me the opportunity to purchase a gorgeous, highly optioned F12 for $50-60K less than the the website asking price.

15. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Here you go...

2009 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti F1 One To One Serial Number 165725 - main page

16. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
  17. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Wasn't the double din Bose a standard feature on the OTO's? Surprised to see an aftermarket stereo in an OTO.

18. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    The wheels are the base wheels for the car-- same as my car.

This car actually has a reasonable amount of options, if you consider the dollars, but a bunch of it is in the carbon fiber interior trim.

As for the stereo, apparently someone didn't like the Bose!

Still, pretty remarkable if that's where 612 OTO valuations really are.

19. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #244 tazandjan, Jul 22, 2016
    Those 19" wheels go with the run flat tires, an ~$1700 option, and looking at the window sticker, she has plenty of expensive options, including alcantara and carbon fiber. Tastes vary, which is why OTO was set up the way it was. All were special ordered.

vcappp likes this.
  20. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir

Thanks, Donv. Maybe, it's down to the "higher" miles (in crazy F land), relatively uninspired color combo, lower options? Also, I wonder if the paint is pitted based on his comments.

- 18K vs 7-8K miles for my previous car and the recent original Cauley car sale at FofA
    - Nero on nero vs GS/TB and BF/Iroko
    - Original sticker $352K vs $373-390K
    - Cauley car was also a 2010 example - one of the last?

Asking price still seems maybe $20K lower than I'd expect.

21. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
  22. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    This is a surprisingly low asking price. Maybe the color? (Personally would never buy a black interior GT Ferrari)...

Also saw that nice manual 612 that probably didn't sell for much more than $200k. I guess the glut of cheap FF are finally hitting the upscale 612 market.

23. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
  24. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir

I was comparing the asking price of the FofA FF to the sales prices of my OTO ($178K) and the more recent Bianco Fuji Cauley example (around $200K). Regardless, $60K is actually a pretty small spread when buying a Ferrari.

My point exactly.

25. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I still can't see myself in an all-wheel drive Ferrari with that shooting-brake design.

Regardless, if I had to get one, it would be like the one above. Like that color and interior is awesome.