612 OTO VIP CERTIFICATE | FerrariChat

612 OTO VIP CERTIFICATE

Discussion in '612/599' started by Cobraownr, Nov 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    612 OTO owners, do you have an "OTO VIP Certificate" for your car? I have seen it for just one car, 2009 OTO 165725 that broker Mike Sheehan in California had a few years ago. I don't know if the certificate came with the car from the factory, or if a selling dealer cooked it up. Thanks in advance for your help and information.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    That should come with your vip book with the car - plus it has pictures during manufacture

3. aintveen

aintveen Rookie

Oct 22, 2015
    Duesseldorf/Germany
    Full Name:
    Andreas Intveen
    I do have that for my car which is Not an OTO

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i have one for my OTO

5. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    From raider1968's comment ("That should come with your vip book with the car - plus it has pictures during manufacture"), it sounds like I touched on just the tip of the iceberg when I asked about the OTO VIP Certificate. I have never seen a "VIP book" and know nothing about it. I'm wondering if the VIP book is like factory fitted luggage that an original owner ordered with a car. By the time prospective owner #3, #4...etc. comes along and is looking at the car, the luggage has been long gone (and might have shown up on eBay).

6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I have the book, but it doesn't have a certificate like that. It does have pictures of me taking delivery at the factory, though, which is cool, and it's a beautiful book.

7. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    I have one for my 2008 pre-oto. Now the question is what does it get you? A ferrari dealer told me if you get it stamped at the factory it gives you the right to order any car

8. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That's a good one! Ferrari dealer humor at it's finest.

Zaza likes this.
  9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well maybe not any car, but certainly the one you just bought! :D

10. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    I should also note they said that the VIP book was a very expensive option that should be kept safely

11. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    I just bought a 612 OTO from the 2nd owner who did not have this VIP booklet. Is there a way to get a duplicate one?

12. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I highly doubt you could.

When I got my car, there was no mention of this. Then a few months later, the salesman calls me and says "Hey, guess what just showed up in the mail?" and it was the book. He said that it was a bit hit or miss... sometimes they got them and sometimes they didn't. As I mentioned above, they vary as well-- mine has no certificate, and has a bunch of pictures of my factory delivery. Others have a certificate and pictures of the car (or at least one the same color) being built.

Mine is also wrapped in cuiou leather, which matches my interior, and has a cool embossed 612 image on the cover and my initials.

Until I saw this thread, I had forgotten about mine, so by the time my kids sell my 612, the odds of that book going with it seem slim...

13. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    It seems that some sellers have sticky fingers. I will try to locate the 1st owner and see if I can buy it from him.

14. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    I was told by a sales rep from a dealer that Ferrari stopped doing the VIP books some time during 2009 OTO production. Whether this is true or not I don't know. A 2009 612 OTO that the rep was selling did not have the book. The rep might have been trying to excuse the absence of the book.

15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    My 09 has one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I wouldn't put it that way. The original owner may or may not have gotten the book at all, or may have forgotten about it. It's certainly not a required piece of equipment, and used cars tend to lose stuff along the way-- how many have original covers (including seats and steering wheel), charger, etc?

If I were to sell mine and decided to keep the book as a memento, I wouldn't feel bad about doing so.

17. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    My 2008 has the book with the pictures and signed certificate

Attached Files: