612: Potential Battery Issue | Page 2 | FerrariChat

612: Potential Battery Issue

Discussion in '612/599' started by southnc, Nov 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    Please choose a Bosch battery, it is always good.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn G3121 met Tapatalk

2. 599_GTO

599_GTO Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    J.S.
    Thank you 360.
    I do know Terry has previously made solid recommendations on Odyssey AGM batteries which might be superior to Bosch so would love to hear his thoughts on either battery too.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I doubt Odysseys are available in Europe, and likely neither are Interstates. If Bosch makes a reverse terminal AGM battery, it should work fine. No experience with European batteries except FIAMM, and that experience is a decade old. Looks like you want a Bosch S6 AGM battery if they make one to fit.

4. 599_GTO

599_GTO Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    J.S.
    Dear Terry,
    Thank you so much... I can in fact source an Odyssey battery here but will definitely look at a suitable Bosch too. Thanks for weighing in here... you know how much your experience is valued

5. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    The Bosch S5 AGM will fit. Dimensions: 353x175x190mm.
    12V/95ah/850a
    Where are you located?

6. 599_GTO

599_GTO Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    J.S.
    Thank you so much 360! This is very helpful. I am located in the UK and Germany but my 612 is based in Germany for now. I know your 612 as it is a car I looked at previously! I hope you are enjoying it! I liked the interior blue leather touches and the carpeting.... and I think you have the luggage too!

7. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    Welcome!

Nice that you know my car! It was for sale in München and yes, I have the complete luggage set aswell.

I try to get the all the service invoices but thats difficult because the former dealership does not excist anymore.

I have the adress of the first owner but I am not sure if he is okay with contact from my side.

Anyway, I am curious for your car!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

8. 599_GTO

599_GTO Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    J.S.
    I don’t think there is any harm in getting in touch with the first owner.... I have noticed that German Ferrari owners tend to be very passionate and open about their interest so I am sure the original owner of the car will be thrilled to hear from you.

My car ended up being a car from Bahrain. It was an HGTS car that was owned by the Royal family and was fortunately fully specced with the exception of the luggage, ironically! It’s in a wonderful and rare Abu Dhabi blue with cuoio interior. Absolutely graceful and elegant in every way!

360Marnix likes this.
  9. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I went for an Optima Red Top. It had the reverse poles and came in the size i needed and was in stock. Everything else was a special order and at least 50% more. Needed it that day.

I've had it for over a year with no issues.

10. 599_GTO

599_GTO Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    J.S.
    Thank you Peter. There seems to be quite a variation on what is available either side of the Atlantic but it’s great to revisit this subject from time to time and I appreciate all the advice. I will likely go for the Bosch S5 in the New Year when the weather improves and the 612 comes out of its winter hibernation!

11. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    [/QUOTE]

My car ended up being a car from Bahrain. It was an HGTS car that was owned by the Royal family and was fortunately fully specced with the exception of the luggage, ironically! It’s in a wonderful and rare Abu Dhabi blue with cuoio interior. Absolutely graceful and elegant in every way![/QUOTE]

Was your car for sale in Sweden? In that case I have seen your car!

I know someone who sold his 612, but still has its cuoio luggage! I will ask if it is still avaiable.

12. 599_GTO

599_GTO Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    J.S.
    My car ended up being a car from Bahrain. It was an HGTS car that was owned by the Royal family and was fortunately fully specced with the exception of the luggage, ironically! It’s in a wonderful and rare Abu Dhabi blue with cuoio interior. Absolutely graceful and elegant in every way![/QUOTE]

Was your car for sale in Sweden? In that case I have seen your car!

I know someone who sold his 612, but still has its cuoio luggage! I will ask if it is still avaiable.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn G3121 met Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Hi 360,
    No, my car is not the one from Sweden (that was an OTO) as it didn’t quite have the spec I was looking for. I would be interested in hearing about the cuoio luggage if it’s in good condition and he is able to sell it for a good price Thanks!