612 premiere in Japan (photos) | FerrariChat

612 premiere in Japan (photos)

Discussion in '612/599' started by tako, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tako

tako Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I took some pics at 612 premiere party I was invited today.
    Ferrari Japan seems to have shipped "only one" 612 from Italy. This is the same one as one you saw at other shows.

2. tako

tako Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    612 has pretty nice interior. And the cockpit is pretty confortable and the room is pretty big. This car is very LONG, though. around 4900mm.
    They also started the engine for me. I shot video of that but file is 5MB and too big to attatch to this thread.... Anyway 612 sounds better than 456!!
    I also thought this car looks MUCH BETTER for real than you guys see in the pics. Two lines of edges on the side between head light and rear fender are so BEAUTIFUL.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

I heard the Scag on a TV test and i was stunned. it sounds amazing..Great to see that it does sound good in person !

Thks for the pics ! The rear reminds me a bit of a SWB ..

4. tigermilk

tigermilk Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James P. Smith
    I assume this was in Tokyo. Where is the Ferrari dealer there? I go to Japan 1-2 times a year but have never found the dealer. What part of Tokyo is it? Which JR or subway station is closest?

5. tako

tako Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    This party was at Shiba show room. I never use train so I don't know which station is closest to there....

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Not many people there for a premiere party! :)

Out of curiosity - I'm always amazed by how the Asian market prices compare to the U.S. prices - how much is a 612 in U.S. dollars in Japan?

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Well...

I actually think that if they put those vertical rear lights on a modern car, it would be awesome.

8. tako

tako Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    around 268k USD for a F1 612.

9. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Wow, ok, that's basically the same as over here - around $250,000. You must not have very high import duties or luxury taxes. A friend of mine lives in Korea, and Ferraris are basically double the price there. A Modena costs about 300 to 400K.

10. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    You know, with all these pics of the 612 and all the threads of the 612, im starting to like the look a little. Even those damn bug lights are appealing to me now.

11. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Hmm ..
    The color and the interior is okay (I wouldn't buy one in this color). You know I find the front and the rear are nice and really goes with the car. Every new angle I see of the car is positive.(I know I know, I change my opinion on the 612 each day but this one is for good.) :)

12. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The 575 is a much better-looking car than 612.

13. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Very nice. I like the engine painted red. Did you ask what color is it??

Is it rosso barchetta, rosso rubino or rosso fiorano or something else??

14. I really like the car it looks really nice in person pictures dont make the justice its really big. The interior is great also.

15. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    I think the car looks pretty sick!!! nice pics