612 Rear Deviator - I need one | FerrariChat

612 Rear Deviator - I need one

Discussion in '612/599' started by TrojanFan, Jul 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm looking for one (1) of the rear deviators for my 612. It's the 12" or so plastic/fiberglass piece that is riveted on below the rear bumper on either side. Somehow I managed to rip one off the car. I looked on Ricambi Table 107 and it is shown as part #33 however in the description below part 33 is called a "cross over switch" which doesn't seem to have anything to do with what I'm looking for. I have a message out to Daniel on this.

I believe that the left and right sides are interchangeable as there is only 1 part listed. Anyone have one off an old bumper that they are looking to sell?

Attached Files:

2. swiss612

swiss612 Karting

May 10, 2016
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Michel
    At a later stage, you will need to rivet it again on the bumper
    You will need to use a metal spacer on the top side where the rivet will squeeze, otherwise you will squeeze the fiberglass from the bumper and brake it
    This is the only way I managed to fix it again on the bumper
    What actually happens is that rivet when squeezed enlarges the hole and because it is so close the to side of the bumper it brakes in pieces, the spacer allows the rivet to squeeze nicely on it.

good luck

3. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks. I have the hand rivet tool and the spacers. Just need the deflector.

4. devil boy

devil boy Karting

Apr 21, 2014
    Bath, UK
    The part you are after is called a Bumper Plate and is part number 68302000. I had to change mine a few years ago and it took ages for Ferrari to get them in stock.

5. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    That looks to be the part number but everywhere I look, its labeled and priced as a "change over switch". No switching done with this part - its a simple plastic plate. I believe that there is mis-information in the parts diagrams and catalogues.

6. devil boy

devil boy Karting

Apr 21, 2014
    Bath, UK
  7. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks but those part numbers still comes up as an issue. Below is what is coming up from Ricambi and elsewhere on the internet for part # 68302000. So far I have not had a response back from Daniel at Ricambi.

I tried part # 68971500 at Eurospares.uk and it does not recognize the number. That's the side that I need. I also tried 68302000 and that located a bumper plate for about $187 GBP.

Where did you order your part from and may I ask what it cost?

Part #: 68302000

CHANGE-OVER SWITCH…

Description:

CHANGE-OVER SWITCH
    Ask a question about this item

$378.61 Each
    Qty:

This item is used in the following applications:

Vehicle *Quantity Table Location Where Used
    612 Scaglietti 2 107 33 REAR BUMPER

8. devil boy

devil boy Karting

Apr 21, 2014
    Bath, UK
    Meridian Modena who are an official Ferrari dealership in the UK. That is the correct price. £187. Bloody expensive for what it is but oh well.

9. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks for the information.