612 Reverse issue after clutch install | FerrariChat

612 Reverse issue after clutch install

Discussion in '612/599' started by Dan575M, Oct 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dan575M

Dan575M Rookie

May 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Dan Luke Halfhill
    Hi folks,
    My name is Dan and I’m new to the forum.
    So I’ve got a technical issue with a F1 clutch/trans on a 612. The car is an ‘05 Scaglietti, 40k miles, pretty much all stock. Just had the clutch replaced and now the car doesn’t seem to switch into reverse easily. Just hesitates and clicks. The shop that did the work is a compitant Ferrari shop run by factory trained Techs. Owner said he spent a lot of time setting it up with his SD3 but the issue still remains.
    I scanned the car with my own tool (non SD3) and can remotely activate gears 1-6 and neutral but not reverse. PIS shows 7.54. Car does achieve reverse with key-on-Engine-off, every time. Anyone out there run into this issue after a clutch job?
    Thanks!

2. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    No issues after clutch replacement here.
    Is the level of the hydraulics okay?

Just curious, what kind of diagnostic tool do you have?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn G3121 met Tapatalk

3. Dan575M

Dan575M Rookie

May 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Dan Luke Halfhill
    Hydraulic fluid level seems ok. Wondering if a defective part was used? SD3 should have found an issue, though.

My scan tool is Autel 906BT. I have to say, it’s been a great tool! Covers every system on just about every brand.

4. Allazurra

Allazurra Rookie

Nov 9, 2017
    Heard of this issue with a quattroporte. The clutch needed some extra wear in order to get reverse. So some gentle uphill reversing might help or stop and go traffic.

5. Dan575M

Dan575M Rookie

May 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Dan Luke Halfhill
    That’s reassuring! The clutch installer told me the same thing. He was a bit frustrated trying to get it “dialed in”. We’ll see if it get easier after clutch disc beds-in.