612 reverse mode mirror | FerrariChat

612 reverse mode mirror

Discussion in '612/599' started by kuwait355, Feb 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kuwait355

kuwait355 Karting

Jul 9, 2006
    Kuwait
    Apologies if this is something that has been discussed, and if it has please help me find the link to the appropriate thread.
    The mirror setting on the 612 while reversing switches to a downward direction automatically. Has anyone experienced an incident whereby the mirror freezes at the downward setting and doesn’t go back to the normal mode even when the car is at N or forward gears 1,2,3 etc. ? Trying to understand if this is a programming or a different issue.

2. StickBreitling

StickBreitling Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2012
    Happened on mine. It does seem to have a mind of its own and happens inconsistently.

I just manually moved it back using the adjustment switch each time and never really got to the bottom of the issue.

3. HKS479

HKS479 Karting

Sep 23, 2015
    Zurich, Switzerland
  4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ditto
    Ditto
    :D

5. Radu

Radu Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2018
    Netherlands
    I think this may be happening on ours too, except it goes back up but seemingly not in the exact position. This happened after I had to retract the mirror against the body of the car manually.

If it doesn't go back, one workaround is to memorise the same position of the mirror for the reverse, which means it won't move in its own at all when you back up.