612 Scaglietti GP - Special Edition for Switzerland | Page 2 | FerrariChat

612 Scaglietti GP - Special Edition for Switzerland

Discussion in '612/599' started by F40org, Apr 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    love that color match up...very oldschool imo!

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Not feeling it.

3. nasharty

nasharty Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Geneva
    #28 nasharty, Jul 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That's very funny. I am actually buying that car. It is in Modena Cars in Geneva (Ferrari dealer) where that picture was taken. The dealer is currently finishing the paperwork and it should be delivered to me by end of this week or monday/tuesday at latest.

I took it for a test drive already and will post some pictures of it by tomorrow. It has red interior with black inserts daytona seats. The middle console, all the cieling, a-pillars, c-pillars, and rear middle console are in black alcantara. The dashboard is black leather and the stitching is all red. It also has carbon fiber dash board, F1 paddles (long ones), and steering wheel. The steering wheel is red leather.

I was not a big Scaglietti fan but that just blew me away. I seriously couldn't resist.

Of course, apart from a couple of pictures that I will post of my test drive tomorrow, a full picture review will follow when I take delivery (just like what I did with my F430).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    Congrats on the purchase!
    I've seen your review of the 430, could you get a good shot of the F1 paddles as you state yours are the long model. Never heard or seen that option before.
    Regards
    Jurgen

5. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    On second thought, this is kinda growing on me. I think it adds a little touch of class to the car. I would love to take some long roadtrips in that car.

Nasharty- Congrats! I can't wait to see more pics and here your review. The F430 review was great. You have quite a stable there.

6. nasharty

nasharty Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Geneva
    Thanks,

This 612 has the long F1 paddles like the CS and the Enzo. It is not an option that you can choose. They are being fit by Ferrari on any of their "special" cars lately and this 612 is one of them. It has the modified suspension, carbon ceramic brakes, and sport exhausts.

7. nasharty

nasharty Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Geneva
    Thanks ;)

I will surely post many pictures of it when I get it.

8. TopElement

TopElement Formula 3

May 14, 2005
    OC & Vegas
    Full Name:
    A Montoya
    #33 TopElement, Jul 24, 2006
    Nice car, i saw it in person last week. Congrats on the purchase.
    Is the F40 still next to it? Not sure if it was for sale or in for work.
    I also saw a surprising number of silver F-cars while staying in Cologny.

9. nasharty

nasharty Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Geneva
    #34 nasharty, Jul 25, 2006
    Yeah the F40 is still there and it's for sale.
    http://www.autoscout24.ch/AS24Web/Detail.aspx?from=infopage&wl=1&lng=fra&id=3439609

The other F40 they got in the showroom however is not, so as a couple of other cars. They are client's cars but instead of keeping them in garages they leave them at Gino's. And just for the info, Gino is the Ferrari dealer in Geneva. He is one of the best (if not the best) car dealer I have seen so far.

They also have a Pagani Zonda Roadster for sale too by the way.

Here are the picture of the 612. Such an awesome machine. The noise this thing makes is just unbelievable. This is one of the best sounding cars I have heard yet. I will upload an audio clip when I take delivery.

The pictures are not top notch because I was taking them in a hurry. Expect some really nice ones by end of this week or beginning next week.

Enjoy :)

bay likes this.
  10. salegosse

salegosse Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    French Riviera
    Full Name:
    Julien
    fabulous.............

11. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    Wonderful car, congratulations again!!!

12. f48koenig

f48koenig Karting

May 27, 2004
    Lyon france
    Full Name:
    Jean bosco
    Sublime !!! Encore mieux qu'une 612 Cornes....
    Astonishing car !!!!!

13. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Outstanding! Gorgeous car -- I love the interior; I don't think I could bring myself to spec a car that way, but it looks exceptionally good. I look forward to the comparison of the driving experiences between this car and the F430.

14. nasharty

nasharty Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Geneva
    Thanks Paul.

Actually I already did a couple of hundred kilometers during my test drive. It is a completely different animal than the F430. The F1 gearbox is faster, the car is ultra smooth, and it delivers the power with more punch than the F430.
    Those 9 Scaglietti's, unlike any other 612, are equipped with the F1-S system which is faster than the F430 by 20 milliseconds. They have the GTC handling option, Carbon Ceramic Brakes, Sport Exhausts, Alcantara (everywhere even in the footwell), Two Tone Painting, Two Tone Interior, and Special 19inch Wheels.

Some people (and I am one of them) might say the F430 is very civilized. But get inside the 612 and you'll know how tough the F430 is. The 612 is very comfortable, spacious, and equipped with some gadgets that makes it stand well against any car in its class. Stuff like parking sensors, electric folding mirrors, automatic headlights operation, and electric seats with inflatable air cushions and memory makes it really an exceptional car to drive. Power, luxury, performance, and beauty is all I can say about that car.

I am really looking forward to driving that car and am counting the days till its delivery.

15. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks for the quick comparo. I think the 612 is Ferrari's "sleeper", the supercar frequently overlooked. It's reputation seems to increase the longer it's been out.

One thing that surprised me about my first car-buying experience in the US was the fact that most transactions where a customer agrees to purchase a car result in the customer leaving the dealership in the car that they've just bought. I remember in the UK that it took a few days between writing a cheque and receiving keys.... I think the US's "immediate gratification" expectation is at play to a certain degree. Obviously, the process with F-cars is extremely different, and shows that not everyone in the US expects "immediate gratification" (though it does show that some are willing to pay large premiums over MSRP to get it NOW!!!).

16. nasharty

nasharty Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Geneva
    It's all down to the Swiss regulations and paperwork. In a normal car dealership you can buy a car in the morning and take it in the afternoon. But with Ferrari's they have to prepare the car for you.

This 612 is going to be delivered to me this Friday or Monday/Tuesday at latest. I took the car for a test drive yesterday, got it back to them today and signed the contract 6 hours ago. The dealership will start the paperwork tomorrow and prepare the car for delivery for this Friday.

17. Neak

Neak Karting

Jul 31, 2005
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Niek
    Congratulations! Awesome car, especially with that color-combo!

Have you seen my email?:)

18. F40org

F40org Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    Munich / Ft. Myers(FL)
    Full Name:
    Rolando
    I too. Fantastic car.

19. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    #44 ferrariartist, Jul 26, 2006
    Beautiful car.. Congrats...

Didnt notice before your shots of your test drive... the roof is painted the secondary colour as well.. very nice
    Sharp interior too, i like how theyve split the colour.

On a minor note.. the luggage they have for the 612 will now match your car... it has always been 2-tone... the rear of that scallop shape on the door is in a second colour on the cases.
    Does yours come with it?

can't wait to see your pics!!

GT

20. vancoops456

vancoops456 Karting

Dec 21, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    A. Van Coops
    Would you consider the 456M GT a sleeper in the same way but in a different time? I have always been partial to the front engine GT F-cars but it seems they don't get the recognition they often deserve.

21. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    I saw it at Montreux : wonderful ! But which is the exact name of this serie ? And why the plate on the dashboard is "Berna 1953/3" ? This is not the first victory of Ferrari in Switzerland...but 1949.

22. nasharty

nasharty Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Geneva
    The exact name is Ferrari 612 Scaglietti GP
    "Berna 1953" is the Bern Grand Prix in 1953, the "3" beside it is the number of the car. Meaning that car number one will be "Berna 1953/1", mine is "Berna 1953/3", and so on.
    This car is not made to celebrate a racing victory. Instead, it's made to celebrate 40 years of Ferrari Suisse (Ferrari Switzerland) and the Swiss Grand Prix (which doesn't exist anymore).

23. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Gorgeous interior. I like more subdued colors than red, but it looks great. I ordered Blu Scuro quilted alcantara roof and rear deck on my 599 with blu medio stitching, your pics confirmed my choice. :)
    CF break between dark and light colors works for me too. I ordered alcantara between daytona straps like 288GTO, on wheel, handbrake, and grab handle. Is that wheel alcantara? I can't tell.
    Very nice.

24. nasharty

nasharty Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Geneva
    WOW. Your 599 will be a gorgeous car. I can't wait to see some pictures when it arrives. When are you taking delivery?

No, my 612's wheel is not alcantara. It's just red leather.

25. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Thanks. It is a ways out, first allocation here, was to be Sep-Oct build, but special requests have slowed it down. I'll be happy if I see it in Jan-Feb.
    Will post pics then. Blu scuro alcantara and grigio scuro leather, blu medio stitching, CF. Should be fun.