612 Tires | Page 2 | FerrariChat

612 Tires

Discussion in '612/599' started by msark, Aug 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffcap64

jeffcap64 Rookie

Mar 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    jeff capellen
    Jeff- If the front to rear tire diameter ratio varies more than 4-5% from the OEM ratio, it chaps off the ABS and may give stability control malfunction indications like you are seeing. Look up the tire diameters on tirerack.com and see if you are outside those limits or close to them.[/QUOTE]

Taz,

Thanks for the info. I went to tire rack and looked at the OEM size for my car and the size for the tires on it now F 245/30ZR/22 R 305/25/22. The dirrerences are minimal. I'll have the battery checked as was stated in an earlier post. Looking to buy some OEM wheels for the car if anyone has suggestions.
    Again thanks for all the help. As a new owner, I'm finding this website to be really valuable.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jeff- Put 599 Challenge wheels on her. She will look much better with 11" rear wheels and you can then fit MPS4S tires in original sizes or go up in size on the rears.

599_GTO likes this.
  3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure 285 section shoes fit 11" wheels. But the the MPS4S Lusso set will be a perfect fit:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Michelin thinks they will, 8.5"-11" for 285/35-20. Had looked it up before, so that is why I mentioned it.

5. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    5 year old tires with 12k miles and I'm putting new tires on. I guess that's one place I didn't consider cost per mile. I'm a HUGE believer in replace tires based on age and NOT milage. Found one with a cord torn ... most likely a pot hole. So change your rubbers regularly...lol

Pawilly likes this.
  6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I've found that the front tires get about twice the life of the rear tires, on my 612. So far on my car, I have worn them out before age was an issue.

Anthony James likes this.
  7. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    @donv
    Same here on front wear, however I'm finding the manufactures have "NEW Versions" of the same tire and I'm going to replace all 4. I would consider two sets of rear only, but then, they will be 5 years old but brand new. Just going to bite the bullet.