612 width query | FerrariChat

612 width query

Discussion in '612/599' started by Dan_London, Oct 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dan_London

Dan_London Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Sussex, UK
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Anyone know how much the protuding parts of the mirrors add to the 612 width?

I've got 1957mm for the car width but it seems that figure excludes the ears.

My garage opening is only 2235mm wide, which leaves 139mm either side without mirrors, but it will be much easier reversing it without them folded.

The garage is a double with twin doors so opening the car door once inside should be easy.

2. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    I don't know if this helps. It's all I have on the 612.

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
    Technical specifications
    DIMENSIONS/WEIGHT
    Overall length.................................................... 4902 mm (193.0 in)
    Overall width.................................................... 1957 mm (77.00 in)
    Height................................................................ 1344 mm (52.9 in)
    Wheelbase ...................................................... 2950 mm (116.1 in)
    Front track......................................................... 1688 mm (66.5 in)
    Rear track.......................................................... 1616 mm (64.6 in)
    Dry weight......................................................... 1725 kg (3,803 lbs)*
    Kerb weight........................................................ 1840 kg (4,056 lbs)*
    Boot (Trunk) capacity......................................... 240 litres (8.75 cu ft)
    Fuel tank capacity............................................. 108 litres (28.53 US gal, 23.75 Imp. gal)
    Weight distribution .......................................... front 46% / rear 54%

3. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    According to this from what I have, it looks very close. What was the door width dimension again? Most cars are built to go through a 96" doorway, with rare exception. I would guess at 92" maximum width with mirrors, but more like 86".

What is that in new money?

4. ARED4RE

ARED4RE Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    The side mirrors on the car fold inward to the body by turning a switch on the dash. Makes it ezr to get thru tight spots.

5. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Umm... might want to read the OP's post again... 3rd paragraph...

6. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    You could put something like styrofoam, taped to the mirrors on the way into the garage, and go in slowly and measure from the width of the far ends of the mirrors to the door jamb, this way you don't scratch the paint on entry, and then figure out if you wish to pursue.

Your garage entry way is approximately 88",standard garage entry here in the states is 96".

When backing, your mirrors will be very close; fold them when they reach the jamb, then expand once past, would work.

7. Spi612

Spi612 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have a 2005 612 and with the mirrors extended they add appox 2.75 inches per side.

8. Dan_London

Dan_London Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Sussex, UK
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Thanks for the replies guys :)

Thanks for getting your tape measure out Scott.

Eesh, that makes the car about 82.5 inches wide with mirrors, giving me under 3 inches spare each side to the door frame! Probably have to follow Rovin's advice to spare my nerves.

9. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Buy a new house with a bigger garage.

It would be easier and cheaper than replacing the mirrors!