612 with Nouvalari mufflers- diy install | FerrariChat

612 with Nouvalari mufflers- diy install

Discussion in '612/599' started by brogenville, Mar 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Hi guys, just thought I would post this as its always good to share some photos of shinny new exhaust parts. I’ve been looking for a exhaust to give my 612 a proper voice ever since I got it. The standard one is basically inaudible inside the car, and the noise a car makes goes a long way to making it an event on those drives when you’re just pootling about.

Getting the old mufflers off is a lot more of a hassle than you would expect for a front engine car:
    Undertray off
    Cross brace off
    Heat shields off
    No. 3 Exhaust hangers to undo on each side
    (Wheel arch liners need to come off to get to the outer ones)
    To get the mufflers out of the car, I also had to drop the trans cooler and the ARB.

Installation of the new mufflers is a whole lot easier- much smaller and they weigh 9kg each as opposed to 17kg.

Exhaust note is really nice, without being antisocial. Nouvalari normally offer two different sound levels- regular and “super sport”. Regular has a perforated tube all the way through the muffler, and SS is straight through. I wanted to make sure the difference was properly noticable, but was wary of going full retard and ruining the car. So instead I asked them to make the mufflers 50/50 straight and perforated. Suffice to say I’m happy with the result. Fully reccomend Nouvalari to any other F car owners.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Makuono likes this.
  2. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    What year is your car?

3. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    2005, so no “built in” option for a valved exhaust.

4. montegoblue

montegoblue Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Thanks for posting and enjoy her new "voice"